1.0.2 QuickFix if it crashes on startup

Home Forums Help and Support 1.0.2 QuickFix if it crashes on startup

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Daf11z
    Participant

Hello! I just updated to 1.0.2 after launching from the forwarder. After updating, WiiMC went back to the system menu, and when I fired it up again, it told me to download some fonts.

I told it to go ahead and take care of the download, and it crashed with a DSI exception. I tried again, same thing.
    So I tried to launch it through HBC, and no dice, it still crashed when I was trying to start it.

But I found a way around and got it to work if anyone else is having trouble.

I remember seeing in the settings once that my language was stuck on ‘Japanese’ with 1.0.1. It didn’t make any difference, it was still in English. I’m guessing it needed the Japanese characters. Anyways, I just opened settings.xml from the sd:/apps/wiimc folder and changed the line

to

And now its starting just fine.

I didn’t know if anyone else was having the problem, I just figured if anyone else had the same thing going wrong, this is a way to get around the DSI exception.

That’s all, rock on.

pippodrummer
    Participant

There isn’t any settings.xml file in sd:/apps/wiimc folder!!!
    Where do you find it?
    In my folder there’s boot, meta, onlinemedia, icon and subfont files…
    only meta and onlinemedia are xml document files…
    Please help me cause I’ve the same problem.

axgarr
    Participant

Have you used the update?? But your WiiMC was newly installed??

Anyway, Overwrite your WiiMC installation in SD/USB, please use WiiMC 1.0.2 (New Install) from download page.

Daf11z
    Participant

@pista wrote:

Have you used the update?? But your WiiMC was newly installed??

Yes and yes.

I had a clean install of 1.0.1, and used the update feature to get to 1.0.2. After that, It was locking up on startup regardless of how I launched it.

@pista wrote:

Anyway, Overwrite your WiiMC installation in SD/USB, please use WiiMC 1.0.2 (New Install) from download page.

Sounds like a better plan than mine. 😆

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Help and Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password