1.0.6 keeps crashing when playing ANY web media

Home Forums Help and Support 1.0.6 keeps crashing when playing ANY web media

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    flup
    Participant

Hi there,
    i have tried installing ios 202, i have tried making sure that i have updated wiimc to the most recent version, but whenever is start up online media ( mainly shoutcast ) it will either buffer up for a while, play the video for a few seconds before crashing ( screen freeze, no response from the wiimote ) or it sometimes dumps out, says it will restart in 8 seconds, but the screen goes black, and nothing else!
    i am using a usb harddrive plugged into the bottom port, no other devices conected, no sd cards.

photo viewing works fine, so does watching video from the harddrive or an sd card, and so does playing dvds.

it just appears that the online media is the problem…. any suggestions?

cadbusca
    Participant

It is my belief that some of the on-line video source files (navi and shoutcast tv) are of a format incompatible with the WII. Their symptoms of failure..playing a bit then freezing or becoming jerky, or even crashing.. are similar to playing videos that are just slightly above the WII capability either in scale or bit rate. This doesn’t mean that there are not bugs, but the same player code is used as with normal videos, and for me the normal videos within WII spec all play fine, Remember that these sources are expecting PC’s to play these streams so limiting to WII capability is not a concern to them. Unfortunately I know of no way to detect these unplayable streams and warn they may crash like I’ve been able to do with video files, other than experience. Perhaps we could all post in a sticky, the names of navi & shoutcast online streams that do not play so others can avoid them.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Help and Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password