2 tiny issues

Home Forums Help and Support 2 tiny issues

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    zoidfreak
    Participant

Hi. Great app.

2 quick issues which would be great to get some feedback on:

1) Is it normal for WiiMC start up time to br 20-25 secs? I have 3 SMBs to a Windows 7 32 bit PC. Wired network. A largish amount of content in shared folders.

2) Is it normal for remotes to disconnect during start up..i.e. the remote loses connection to Wii but connects when a button is pressed after startop.

Thx
    S

Matoking
    Participant

Start time should only be a few seconds. Mine is 7 seconds from the time I click start to the time I see my SMB mounted files. I have 5 different shared directories. Do you have a hard disk hooked to it?

As for the wiimotes, they will shut off and then turn back on when you start the channel, it should not need a button pressed to come back on.

These answers are based off of my experience.

Anonymous
    Inactive

+1 to what he said.
    I have 7x SMB network shares configured in WiiMC and a 320GB 2.5″ USB drive attached – I just tested it and it took 8 seconds from hitting the ‘Start’ button to ready-to-use and the Wiimote turned off while loading but turned on again by itself as soon as it was done loading. (It turns is normal however that it will turn itself off again after a little while of no use).

Try unplugging the drive and see if the Wiimote still has the issue.
    If it does, I suggest the standard ‘check that you Wii is up to date’ thing via PimpMyWii

zoidfreak
    Participant

Thanks for your replies.

I do have a USB drive connected – WBFS formatted so no media (games only). Network is wired with USB LAN Adapter.

Are there any particular IOSs that meed updating to stop the wiimote turning off issue? Wii is on 4.2E

I unplugged the HDD, but the startup time is still 20-25 seconds.

Any other thoughts?

thx
    S

zoidfreak
    Participant

I’ve now done some more testing….

My IOS 58 is up to date and so are the other hack required to play HDD games…(e.g. 249/222/223/etc)

The wii was hacked in Nov 2010 so fairly recently.

Would be great to get some pointers on what could be delaying the startup in particular. COuld the WBFS partition only have anything to do with this?

All thoughts appreciated.

S

krokus
    Participant

at the new version, its dosnt sucess

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Help and Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password