A couple of restore points ideas.

Home Forums Feature Suggestions A couple of restore points ideas.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Matoking
    Participant

@Tantric – I don’t know if you recall but I suggested ‘paused shows’ have a pause symbol, not the same check mark as a watch show. Wanted to remind you of it.

Second, is it possible to have the restore points file keep track of things on a file name basis, not the entire path? The reasoning behind this is if you move the files to another share, they do not keep their markers (paused or watched). By ignoring the path you could have the status follow the file.

Matoking
    Participant

Really, no replies? I guess no one else thinks this is useful.
    😕

lowell
    Participant

niksy
    Participant

One more vote for “paused shows”

kekscoerm
    Participant

Your Idea seems pretty good about keeping a file name stored, but the only problem I can see is that’s going to require a re-scan of the SMB you have set up to find the same file, and especially if you, in moving your files, rename it to something else, it probably would fail in the re-scan thus leaving you where you were before.

Matoking
    Participant

@ahnospell44 wrote:

Your Idea seems pretty good about keeping a file name stored, but the only problem I can see is that’s going to require a re-scan of the SMB you have set up to find the same file, and especially if you, in moving your files, rename it to something else, it probably would fail in the re-scan thus leaving you where you were before.

I would think the restore points are just compared to the current directory contents and if it matches then bam you get a check mark. I agree, renaming the file would cause an issue, but that is only expected (it’s not like this is stored as meta data on the file.)

In my case I have all my media on a server that auto downloads and places files where they go. This includes a new today, new yesterday, new this week, new last week, etc.; The current schema does not work well as it needs to match the entire path, but if it was just matching the file name it should work like a charm.

Matoking
    Participant

Just wanted to bump this to see if it is a possibility or not likely. I know it is old, but it is right to the point.

cadbusca
    Participant

I have a portable drive that I move between my PC and WII, so I guess your idea would work for it too. Why don’t you develop a patch for this and post it so I can include it with mine?

Matoking
    Participant

Yea in my case the files get moved to different folders depending on how old they are (New Today, New Yesterday, Older) but the same should hold true for your portable drive if it is just looking for the file name. I pulled the source and it should not be a big edit and if I remember my C correctly it is limited to mplayer.c and the wii support code section. At a quick glance, I would think a simple strip of _filename down to just the basename inside each of the restore point functions would do the trick, but I will take a better look at it later.

I’m gonna try to free up some time to play around with this maybe in the next couple weeks, I’ll let ya know what I come up with.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Lost Password