a step by step guide to installing WiiMC Channel?

Home Forums Help and Support a step by step guide to installing WiiMC Channel?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    hansheesbeen
    Participant

Can anyone point me to or compose an idiot’s guide to installing the WiiMC channel? My homebrew experience is limited to installing the homebrew channel – hate to brick my wii just because it would be cool to have the channel right there.

BigAl
    Participant

Just dowload http://wiimc.googlecode.com/files/WiiMC%20Channel%20Installer.zip

Then, unzip that file – copy the “wiimc-channel-installer” folder into the “apps” folder on your SD card.

Run Homebrew Channel and select “WiiMC Channel Installer”

It does the rest!

hansheesbeen
    Participant

an excellent start, perhaps I should elaborate. Mine gave me the message (to the effect, can’t remember exactly) that no exploitable IOS detected, run Trucha Bug Restorer or some such. I downloader that and there are a plethora of options, dire warnings, and little helpful documentation… also got Wad Installer and some other IOS restorer… help?

BigAl
    Participant

i cannot replicate that issue on my system (it just worked on mine), so i’m not sure what to do – i wonder if installing IOS202 first (if you haven’t already) would help?? – it’s in the download section of this site: http://wiimc.googlecode.com/files/IOS%20202%20Installer.zip

… if you’re worried about bricking, one precaution you can take is to boot into bootmii and make a NAND backup – (If you have installed bootmii as boot2, go to the last icon in the menu of bootmii and select it. Then, select the icon with the arrow going TO the SD card to make the backup–this can be restored at a later time if need be)

sorry i can’t be of more help

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Help and Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password