A YouTube Subscription Search Function

Home Forums Feature Suggestions A YouTube Subscription Search Function

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    bussdee
    Participant

Hey! I love using WiiMC for YouTube (UT), it’s really awesome that You can watch UT-clips right on your TV but there is just one catch; when you wanna watch the latest clips from a specific UT-channel, it just doesn’t happen…

So, my suggestion is to add a YouTube Search function (not where u search random clips) where the search function will list the 10, 20 or maybe 30 latest clips in a specific YouTube-channel. So, if I search StarCraft, it will first have to match it exactly (find a channel with that exact name) and then list its 10, 20 or 30 latest videos (to reduce loading time)…

This is just my suggestion and maybe others have thought of this as well. I just think it would be completely AWESOME if u could search YouTube clips by searching utube-channel instead, since I know many ppl are subscribed to different UT-channels on PC but cant access it the same way when they use WiiMC on TV…

I hope this function is not too hard to code, and I also think many people would appreciate this new function!

\ AplAy ///

zany130
    Participant

Those things are all available in Youtube plugin for VlcShares

bussdee
    Participant

@ximarx wrote:

ye but this thread is about this function in upcoming WiiMC version so ye!;)

Matoking
    Participant

@ximarx wrote:

Yea, but some people really don’t want to have yet another device running.

bussdee
    Participant

@boondoklife wrote:

@ximarx wrote:

Yea, but some people really don’t want to have yet another device running.

Exactly! This suggestion also spawned not from nowhere but from a need, which I think
    other YouTube-users through WiiMC also have which is being able to watch your subscriptions
    videos. I for example usually go to one StarCraft channel daily to check if there are some
    videos there to watch which I love to watch on TV due to bigger screen then.

It works fine to watch on PC but it aint the same feeling as watching on TV but I cannot
    access the channel through WiiMC since I cannot search by just searching on the channel’s
    name, I gotta figure out the new videos names on the PC first and then put in that name
    on WiiMC and then search. I think this will get to some people in the long run…

So, that’s the background on WHY I THINK THIS SUGGESTION IS A GREAT IDEA, so to speak! 🙂

Btw, I LOVE the work You do with WiiMC! I’m a big n00b programmer
    but I luv the fact that u can program mostly anything! \ AplAy ///

cadbusca
    Participant

Done and published http://www.wiimc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=926#p4068

Use this in onlinemedia.xml for specific user feed:

Use this in onlinemedia.xml to specify user feed:

You can also add the provided script to your own php server if you have it set up for VLC-Shares.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Lost Password