Added checkmark next to viewed files – What is this?

Home Forums Help and Support Added checkmark next to viewed files – What is this?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Matoking
    Participant

I noticed “Added checkmark next to viewed files” as a new addition to 1.0.4 but I have no idea where this is visable. Is this for video files too? Any light you can shed on this would be appreciated.

HagBitlaultus
    Participant

Well, when you play a file, e.g. a video it will save where you stopped. If this entry is created it will have a checkmark next to the video’s name (or song or whatever) so you will recognize that you have already started watching it (or watched it completly). This comes in handy when you have a list with many videos and you want to watch all of them in a row, like a TV series for example.

Matoking
    Participant

@haiggoh wrote:

Well, when you play a file, e.g. a video it will save where you stopped. If this entry is created it will have a checkmark next to the video’s name (or song or whatever) so you will recognize that you have already started watching it (or watched it completly). This comes in handy when you have a list with many videos and you want to watch all of them in a row, like a TV series for example.

That is what I thought it meant, but I don’t see any check marks. I’ll play with it some more tomorrow as I’m catching up on Doctor Who. Is the check mark supposed to be to the left of the file name?

Matoking
    Participant

Ok I just finished watching a couple shows over SMB and there is not a check mark any where to be found. Can someone shed a little light on this?

axgarr
    Participant

If the file has a restore point active (enabled resume button),
    on the right of the filename you can see the icon.

Matoking
    Participant

@pista wrote:

Hey thanks for the reply, I just figured it out last night. I have noticed that the check mark never seems to go away, I have to delete the restore point file to get them to go away. Is there something that can be done to mark the file as completely watched? I tried opening the video again and then skipping to a minute or so before the end and letting it play out, but the check mark is still there even after I reload the app or reboot the wii.

any ideas?

Pap
    Participant

@boondoklife wrote:

@pista wrote:

Hey thanks for the reply, I just figured it out last night. I have noticed that the check mark never seems to go away, I have to delete the restore point file to get them to go away. Is there something that can be done to mark the file as completely watched? I tried opening the video again and then skipping to a minute or so before the end and letting it play out, but the check mark is still there even after I reload the app or reboot the wii.

any ideas?

Re-winding to the beginning and stopping there gets rid of it. But maybe it’s supposed to be there once you’ve watched it, so you know you’ve watched it.

rodries
    Keymaster

Yeah, it’s supposed to let you know you’ve watched it, so it isn’t supposed to go away.

Matoking
    Participant

@Tantric wrote:

Yeah, it’s supposed to let you know you’ve watched it, so it isn’t supposed to go away.

Hey Tantric, thanks for the reply. Ok I absolutely love the idea of the checkmark showing what has been watched, but in my case I watch a series of shows and the only one that gets a checkmark (if any) is the last one I was watching and paused.

Now I have two answers about what the checkmark means. Pista said it denotes a file that can be resumed, in which case if I finish watching the show it should clear out the checkmark and the entry in the restore points file (Currently neither of those happen). And you are saying it is to denote a file that has been watched, which does not happen for me either.

Three things come to mind, firstly:
    I use the autoplay next video, could it be there is a problem with using that and having the check mark applied to videos that are watched all the way through?

Secondly:
    Why do the restore points not get removed or reset to 0 when you finish watching a show? If I pause a video I am forever doomed to pick it back up from its last paused location, unless I manually remove/modify the entry in the restore points file.

Thirdly:
    Is it possible to get two different symbols for a watched/finished show and a watched/but not finished show? Maybe keep the check mark for watched files and put a yellow pause symbol for files that can be resumed.

rodries
    Keymaster

And here’s some answers for you:

I’d intended the checkmark to denote a file in progress or finished. But when the file is finished this is cleared. This will be changed in the next version – the checkmark will stay.

I’ve also changed it so if the restore point is within 2 minutes of the end of the film, it starts over instead of resuming from that point.

Yellow icon is possible, I’ll consider it. For now the green checkmark is what you get 😉

Matoking
    Participant

Ok, I’m gonna test that out. When you resume a show and finish watching it, does it not update the resume point to show it has been watched? I ask as the files I have paused always resume from the last restore point. I guess I could try to pause inside that 2mins at the end and see if it picks up from the beginning.

I really dont care about marking the currently paused videos, but it would be a pain to have the same icon as a finished movie as you would not be able to tell if you just watched it or were in the middle of it.

rodries
    Keymaster

I was talking about changes I’ve made for the next release, that won’t work yet.

Matoking
    Participant

@Tantric wrote:

I was talking about changes I’ve made for the next release, that won’t work yet.

Ahh bummer, I just reread it and caught that. Is the only option I have for resetting the files that are being listed as paused? As I mentioned, even if I watch the remainder of the show it still keeps that checkmark and resumes at the previous restore point.

Matoking
    Participant

Just bumping this to hear back from Tantric on how to reset the resumable flag on videos.

As mentioned, the checkmark to denote it is resumable does not go away when you finish playing the file. Only way that I have found to get rid of the check is to rewind the video all the way to the beginning or to remove the entry in the resumable DB file.

rodries
    Keymaster

You’ve answered your own question.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The forum ‘Help and Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password