.ass subtitles format too big

Home Forums Help and Support .ass subtitles format too big

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    lunatico1970
    Participant

Hi

I’ve got a problem with WiiMC since 1.1.3 update. I play .avi movies with some .ass subtitles. It plays perfectly on 1.1.2 with a subtitle size of 1.0 but since 1.1.3 update, the subtitles font is way too big (it takes all the screen). I tried some things to fix it but I didn’t success :
    – copy my window arial.ttf to subfont.ttf
    – tried every update from 1.1.3 to 1.1.7

The 1.1.3 changelog says “Improved subtitle scaling calculations”, that’s the point.

I did many searching before asking for help but it seems either nobody use .ass subtitle format with WiiMC, nor I am the only one having this problem.

Can somebody have a clue to fix it ? For now, I’m stick with 1.1.2.

Thx in advance

aka107
    Participant

@mpnico wrote:

Hi

I’ve got a problem with WiiMC since 1.1.3 update. I play .avi movies with some .ass subtitles. It plays perfectly on 1.1.2 with a subtitle size of 1.0 but since 1.1.3 update, the subtitles font is way too big (it takes all the screen). I tried some things to fix it but I didn’t success :
    – copy my window arial.ttf to subfont.ttf
    – tried every update from 1.1.3 to 1.1.7

The 1.1.3 changelog says “Improved subtitle scaling calculations”, that’s the point.

I did many searching before asking for help but it seems either nobody use .ass subtitle format with WiiMC, nor I am the only one having this problem.

Can somebody have a clue to fix it ? For now, I’m stick with 1.1.2.

Thx in advance

Have you tryed 1.1.7 and reduce size in menu options?
    can you send to me to ass file? (rodries at wiimc_org)
    Maybe the ass file has the size embedded, I need to analyze it

lunatico1970
    Participant

Hi rodries, thank you for your answer.

I just sent you a example of an .ass file I tested with every version since 1.1.3 (including 1.1.7). I use the 1.0 size in the subtitles options.

Thx in advance for your help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Help and Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password