Ass subtitles with MKV files

Home Forums Help and Support Ass subtitles with MKV files

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    psgama
    Participant

Hi,

First off, super awesome job with the media center. I am using it to view media with my Wii off my network share over SMB. No need to connect pc to the tv and the juggling of all the cables and need to get my lazy ass off the couch 😀

In my viewing so far, I found one issue with ass subtitles included in mkv files. I am not sure if other format subtitles work, but these ones didn’t.

Since this is based off mplayer, it can be made to work by just using the “-ass” flag, when running a video with appropriate “-sid 0” (or whatever it is). This could be provided as a setting, for eg “Custom commandline inputs” to make things easier I suppose or made a part of the arguments already being used as default for playback.

cheers,
    Saurabh

rodries
    Keymaster

Have you tried UP on the D-pad?

Those command line arguments aren’t necessary and wouldn’t help.

psgama
    Participant

yup, tried with enable disable using the up key. It didn’t make any difference in display of the subtitles.

With mplayer ass subtitle don’t play by default, that’s why I suggested the above mentioned approach.

aka107
    Participant

@sobers_2002 wrote:

yup, tried with enable disable using the up key. It didn’t make any difference in display of the subtitles.

With mplayer ass subtitle don’t play by default, that’s why I suggested the above mentioned approach.

Try this beta:
    http://www.mediafire.com/?bg7awl2coyuwzcl

psgama
    Participant

Thanks for the beta! Subtitles are now working fine 😀

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Help and Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password