asx playlist support

Home Forums Help and Support asx playlist support

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Ratty
    Participant

According to my internet research asx playlist supposed to be supported, however when I try to open it, I get an error message saying “Error loading file”.

I installed Wiimc using wiimc.org instructions, that is installed IOS58 and reinstalled HBC. I tested asx playlist on 1.1.2 and 1.1.3 versions, either one produced error above. Researching Wiimc forum on the subject but I could not really determine whether wiimc users are able to play .asx playlist or not.

I have created this new topic hoping someone could clearly describe how to get asx playlist going. Since I am not an expert on different playlist formats, I attached the contents of my particular playlist I am trying to stream, perhaps it needs to be modified or there is a work around in order to get this specific radio station to play – thank you in advance for your help.

Trójka
    Polskie Radio SA
    Polskie Radio SA

Trójka
    Polskie Radio SA
    Polskie Radio SA

cadbusca
    Participant

either
    remove the mms and rtsp entries..they don’t play.
    &Close the http ref ie />
    or
    add
    to onlinemedia.xml

What software does play this playlist? How does it handle the multiple refs?

zany130
    Participant

ASX playlists and MMS streaming work for me (WiiMC 1.1.3).

MMS support was added in version 1.0.5.
    RTSP streaming is not available.

rodries
    Keymaster

You can confirm MMS still works in 1.1.3? I saw a report that it doesn’t, but if at least one MMS URL works then it’s not a problem on WiiMC’s side. Please re-confirm for me. Thanks! 🙂

zany130
    Participant

I’m watching an MMS stream right now.

rodries
    Keymaster

Great! I’ll take that off my to-do 😀

Ratty
    Participant

ximarx, can you let me know the format or samples of your mms and asx playlists so I can test them out on my end please. I did what jhb50 suggested but still, I am not able to get asx playlist to work. I have not tested mms yet thought.

zany130
    Participant

This is the format of the asx playlist.

Live Rainews24
    RaiNet
    RAI - Radiotelevisione Italiana

Anyway, if you try to watch the mms stream you will get error because that stream link is generated on the fly and expires soon (and it works for italian users only). If you live in italy, you can try the direttarai plugin for vlc-shares. It uses mms stream.

Edit: looking @ the playlist you posted in the first post: there is a space between the href and the = char. Are you sure that spaces are allowed?

Ratty
    Participant

I was able to play .asx playlist finally but with 1.1.2 version. Versions .3 and .4 give me error of not being able to open a file.

I used ximarx code provided above, (sytax can be found on the internet of course), plugged my “mms” URL to it.
    I saved it to a separate file with .asx extension, loaded WiiMC and launch the playlist from my SD card where I saved the file.

I will try to post my additional findings here if something interesting suffices up, and I would encourage others to do the same with regard to .asx playlist.

cadbusca
    Participant

mms playback stopped working with 1.1.3 and I have opened a bug report on that.

zany130
    Participant

mms stream works for me in 1.1.3 and still works now (1.1.4)

cadbusca
    Participant

I posted the mms streams that no longer work with 1.1.3 in the 349 bug report. http://www.wiimc.org/tracker/index.php?do=details&task_id=349
    How about posting a few of your mms links that do still work with 1.1.4 either here or in the bug report so we can test them as well.

zany130
    Participant

I’ve tried yours mms streams. None of them work (even is MediaPlayer, VLC and anything else). I can’t write here my mms links because they are generated on the fly. You have to use DirettaRai plugin for vlc-shares if you want to try them (but it works only in Italy) :(.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘Help and Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password