Buffering Problem Streaming from Network

Home Forums Help and Support Buffering Problem Streaming from Network

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Gabriel
    Participant

I am having trouble watching videos with WiiMC streamed from my wireless network. The system buffers so frequently it is not worth watching.

I installed WiiMC v1.2.2 and also installed WiiMC Channel using installer v1.9. No problem connecting to my home network, but the system buffers so frequently it is impossible to watch videos streamed from my PC. I have the same problem whether I use WiiMC Channel or run WiiMC through Homebrew Channel.

Is the Wii or WiiMC just not suited to this type of viewing?

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

cadbusca
    Participant

If you are not running other network traffic at the same time (like p2p downloads) then the problem is likely your wireless which is unable to handle the traffic that a wired network can. Use the Task Manager to observe your network traffic.

rodries
    Keymaster

There are plenty of people who watch over wifi with no problems. If it’s not working for you:

1) You could be running into wireless interference. This is not uncommon.
    2) I’ve also seen more than one Wii with a funky Wifi card.
    3) Getting a USB ethernet adapter is also an option. That’s what I use and it eliminates any of the signal stablity problems you can have with wifi.

Gabriel
    Participant

Thanks for your response.

I do not think the issue is Wifi Interference or router capacity. I have no problem streaming video to another TV in the house with a Sony DVD player with built-in Wifi. In addition, I have no buffering issues with streaming Netflix via the Wii. Also – task manager shows network utilization at less than 10%.

Are there any settings in WiiMC that might help? I see buffering settings under “Videos” and “Network”. What should these be set at?

As an alternative, is it possible to download a movie wirelessly to the SD card and then play? This might take a few minutes but would eliminate the buffering problems.

Thanks

Michael

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Help and Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password