Build Under Windows

Home Forums Development Build Under Windows

• This topic has 36 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by jhb50.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Pixel-Kakashi
    Participant

thanks. I followed pistas instructions and it seems to do the trick. Compiling fribidi worked fine but Iam getting another error wenn compiling libiconv.

BigBolt
    Participant

@schmidex wrote:

Anyone else getting this error?:

Any idea how to solve this?

Schmindex, are you using the last version of devkit pro? Is it installed properly? Try uninstalling and reinstalling + restarting windows to make sure that windows environment variables are reloaded . Msys does not need any tricks if devkit pro was installed properly.

rodries
    Keymaster

You’re also missing –disable-shared at the end of that configure line.

Pixel-Kakashi
    Participant

I uninstalled and restarted. Installed devkitpro again and restarted. Still getting the same error about “no acceptable C Compiler in $PATH” when running the configure command (I also added “–disable-shared”). After modifying the configuration files of MSys this error is gone and configuration seems to work fine. But iam still having the error “…can’t reserve space for cygwin’s heap…” when running “make”.

rodries
    Keymaster

Seriously, something is borked with your environment. I’ve never had to do any modifications to my path, MSys, or anything else.

BigBolt
    Participant

Try disabling your antivirus. It seems that some antivirus programs (more exactly the heuristical analysis on memory or the search for unknown threats) are causing problems (panda, norman, windows defender/vista etc).

axgarr
    Participant

I’m using Win 7 x64, with 8 Gb Ram.
    For x86 software I use Sun Virtualbox with 4 virtual winxp instead (in one I’ve disabled firewall and antivirus)…
    In all enviroment I’ve installed Devkit, and in all I had to edit fstab and profile in msys, today I’ve installed Devkit in my laptop with WinXp, and also in this I had to edit the files…
    I don’t know why some windows systems need to change these parameters …
    language, timeformat, settings???

Important that the user has solved the problem “no acceptable C Compiler in $PATH”

For the message: “…can’t reserve space for cygwin’s heap…” check if the windows environment variables are loaded…

BigBolt
    Participant

@pista wrote:

I don’t know why some windows systems need to change these parameters …

Devkit pro installer might be the reason.

For some reason the devkitpro installer does not always add the path to the GCC compiler to the system path. It does add the path for MSYS which is why ‘make’ works.

from here

I’ve also modified windows path when trying to compile mplayer ce (because of the same problem, gcc not found)
    So all you have to do is add to your path, the path to devkit gcc and other executables wich is [path to devkitpro]/devkitppc/bin. If you have installed devkitPro in C:/devkitPro, then go to control panel>system>advanced>environment variables>system variables and add the following line to PATH : C:/devkitPro/devkitPPC/bin and restart Windows to make it reload the new PATH

axgarr
    Participant

@driverx wrote:

So all you have to do is add to your path, the path to devkit gcc and other executables wich is [path to devkitpro]/devkitppc/bin. If you have installed devkitPro in C:/devkitPro, then go to control panel>system>advanced>environment variables>system variables and add the following line to PATH : C:/devkitPro/devkitPPC/bin and restart Windows to make it reload the new PATH

Here is the code in system variables when i installed DevKit in my Virtual machine’s

DEVKITPPC /c/devkitPro/devkitPPC
    DEVKITPRO /c/devkitPro
    Path c:devkitPromsysbin;c:devkitProdevkitppcbin;.....

All codes inserted by Devkit are OK…
    But msys report these bug’s… I’ve resolved forcing msys…

I have no problem compiling WiiMC… 😉

Pixel-Kakashi
    Participant

thx for the help. I compiled using my winXP netbook (took forever but worked). I had to set the path manualy. Finaly no error about cygwin here.

sir West
    Participant

I’m trying to compile under ubuntu linux and I always receive this 2 errors:

/opt/devkitpro/devkitPPC/bin/powerpc-eabi-gcc: 1: Syntax error: “(” unexpected

/opt/devkitpro/devkitPPC/bin/powerpc-eabi-g++: 1: Syntax error: “(” unexpected

Anyone knows why I receive them?

Thanks for your help

bedouinvert
    Participant

hi guys

I’ve never had any issues with wiimc compilation however recently (recent revisions)I started having this problem:

This happens at the final stage of compilation wiimc root “make”

any ideas?

Anonymous
    Inactive

@burton wrote:

hi guys

I’ve never had any issues with wiimc compilation however recently (recent revisions)I started having this problem bipbipbip

any ideas?

use ‘Boxee’ for windows/mac.

bedouinvert
    Participant

@macuser wrote:

@burton wrote:

hi guys

I’ve never had any issues with wiimc compilation however recently (recent revisions)I started having this problem bipbipbip

any ideas?

use ‘Boxee’ for windows/mac.

r u mocking me?

Anyways I think I’m missing mplayerwii. That must be the problem.

axgarr
    Participant

There are a new lib in SVN (liba52).

Please use Configure command:

./configure --host=powerpc-eabi --prefix="${DEVKITPRO}/portlibs/ppc" --libdir="${DEVKITPRO}/portlibs/ppc/lib" --disable-shared

make

and

make install

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Lost Password