Can I make a playlist offline

Home Forums Help and Support Can I make a playlist offline

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Drew Buglione
    Participant

Howdy,

I am just using stock WiiMC, not with the extended pack or whatever it’s called.

Can I make a playlist on my PC and somehow get that into WiiMC? It would take forever to try to make the playlists with the WiiMC interface.

I tried searching for “playlist” on these forums but it said that word is too common so I couldn’t search for it. That’s nice.

Thanks.

cadbusca
    Participant

You might want to look at WIIMC+ which includes the “Guide to Playlist Files” that I posted earlier.

rodries
    Keymaster

The answer is yes, WiiMC supports standard playlist formats such as pls. You can make those on your PC – but be sure the file paths the program you use generates are relative – ie: if they contain c:my musc… WiiMC won’t be able to find the file.

@ jhb50 – does every post you make have to pimp out WiiMC+? Come on. Really.

cadbusca
    Participant

I guess its because my focus is on helping the user rather than limiting them to the standard release or info they can find themselves.

So long as the forum search engine cannot be used to find previous posts that give users the info they request, like my former “playlist guide” post, then I can only point them to the only available source which is the WIIMC+ distribution, and so long as WIIMC+ offers the increased function that a user is seeking, like the ability to use absolute playlists as well, I see no reason to withhold that information from them.

I continue to be confounded by your perception that WIIMC+ is in competition with WIIMC. It is only a set of extensions to WIIMC and totally dependent upon WIIMC, and they are all available to you or anyone else for implementation. Why you would take offense at users being given additional function and information that meets the needs you have chosen not to provide beats me.

If you feel that this is contrary to your forum rules, then I will be happy to limit my responses to PM’s rather than posting them in the forum.

Drew Buglione
    Participant

And if I do create a playlist offline, and make sure it’s in the right format, how do I get that into WiiMC? Do I have to manually copy it onto my SD Card and stick it in a certain folder, or is there some way to load the playlist from the network drive my music is on?

Thanks.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Help and Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password