Cannot access EHD connected to NAS adapter

Home Forums Help and Support Cannot access EHD connected to NAS adapter

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello,

I have an EHD connected to a NAS adapter (iOmega iConnect). The EHD, as well as a printer that is connected to the NAS adapter, are readily accessible by all computers on the home network. Under the SMB settings, I have entered several options, including:

– Display Name: iConnect
    – Share IP:
    – Share Name: – Username:
    – Password:

Can someone please assist? It would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

aka107
    Participant

@R.Shaw wrote:

Hello,

I have an EHD connected to a NAS adapter (iOmega iConnect). The EHD, as well as a printer that is connected to the NAS adapter, are readily accessible by all computers on the home network. Under the SMB settings, I have entered several options, including:

– Share IP:
    – Share Name:
    – Username:
    – Password:

Thanks.

ok need some info
    can you connect to your nas using windows?
    for example if ip assigned to the NAS is 192.168.1.5 then in windows, how are you connectiong to your nas?
    \192.168.1.5films ?
    the root is not allowed I mean \192.168.1.5 will not work on wii
    in windows if you write \192.168.1.5 do you have to set an user & password ?
    if you write \192.168.1.5 what do you see in windows (folders name)?

Anonymous
    Inactive

@rodries wrote:

@R.Shaw wrote:

Hello,

– Share IP:
    – Share Name:
    – Username:
    – Password:

Thanks.

ok need some info
    can you connect to your nas using windows?
    for example if ip assigned to the NAS is 192.168.1.5 then in windows, how are you connectiong to your nas?
    \192.168.1.5films ?
    the root is not allowed I mean \192.168.1.5 will not work on wii
    in windows if you write \192.168.1.5 do you have to set an user & password ?
    if you write \192.168.1.5 what do you see in windows (folders name)?

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Yes, I can log-on to the NAS via Windows 7. Here’s what happens:

– I type-in the NAS IP address – no subfolder.
    – A warning page comes up that I have not figured-out yet: “There is a problem with this website’s security certificate.” This is overcome simply by selecting “continue” and it takes me to the log-in page for the NAS adapter. I find the warning peculiar because the security certificate warning does not come up when I access my router, for example.
    – I then type my username and password to access the NAS adapter. There is an option to “access unsecured content without logging in”. I have not tested this yet, as I just installed the NAS adapter and am not at the point of experimenting with it yet, when I don’t know what the consequences may be. Once in, I can access everything connected to the NAS adapter by using a menu derived by the software that comes with it.

Also, in Windows Explorer, I can access the EHD connected to the NAS adapter with any computer on the home network.

aka107
    Participant

@R.Shaw wrote:

Also, in Windows Explorer, I can access the EHD connected to the NAS adapter with any computer on the home network.

I’m don’t need nas info when you access via web browser
    I need to know the folders name using file browser (windows explorer)

\NAS_IP in windows explorer

Then you see folders, I need the folders name.
    does The other computers need user&password to access to your EHD via NAS?

Anonymous
    Inactive

@rodries wrote:

@R.Shaw wrote:

I’m don’t need nas info when you access via web browser
    I need to know the folders name using file browser (windows explorer)

\NAS_IP in windows explorer

Then you see folders, I need the folders name.
    does The other computers need user&password to access to your EHD via NAS?

\ICONNECTUSB_Maxtor_OneTouch_1Movies

Neither computer requires inputting the username or password to access the EHD,via NAS, using Windows Explorer.

Thanks again.

rodries
    Keymaster

The share name must be USB_Maxtor_OneTouch_1. It can’t be ‘USB_Maxtor_OneTouch_1Movies’ or ‘Movies’.

You should verify it works from Explorer using the IP instead of ICONNECT. eg:

\192.168.1.5USB_Maxtor_OneTouch_1

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Tantric wrote:

The share name must be USB_Maxtor_OneTouch_1. It can’t be ‘USB_Maxtor_OneTouch_1Movies’ or ‘Movies’.

You should verify it works from Explorer using the IP instead of ICONNECT. eg:

\192.168.1.5USB_Maxtor_OneTouch_1

Thanks to both you and rodries for your help. A power outage yesterday made this more complicated than it should have been. Regardless, I rectified the problem. I recalled being unable at one point to enter “USB_Maxtor_OneTouch_1” as the Share Name on WiiMC because it simply had too many characters. I did not know a way around it other than mapping it as a network drive, but to no avail. I just took the back route and discovered a means to shorten the name assigned to the EHD by the NAS adapter, re-entered the information in WiiMC with the revised Share Name, and all is well.

Thanks for your attention and help!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Help and Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password