Cant access index/collections

Home Forums Third Party Enhancements VLC Shares Cant access index/collections

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Pryce
    Participant

Hi,
    Im trying vlc-shares (tried 0.5.4, and upstream svn) and I’m still unable to stream anything.
    I follow the instalation steps, enable Apache port 80 (and 8081 just in case), configure the VirtualHost so localhost/vlc-sahres is opened and get to the homepage of vlc-shares.
    I configured my shared folder under /var/www/Downloads and whenever I click “Browse” I get a

The requested URL /vlc-shares/index/collections was not found on this server.

Funny thing is that /vlc-shares/browse works fine (except vlc streaming) I can browse my files and online library but no play 🙁

Thanks.

PD: vlc-shares directory is chmoded and chownd

zany130
    Participant

8081 must not be bind to apache. port 8081 is used for streaming…

Check mod_rewrite configurations for index/collections error

Pryce
    Participant

Ok. I’ve disabled 8081 from ports.conf and checked that mod_rewrite was enabled already.
    Don’t know where else to look at.
    Anyway, I’m running Apache 2.2.22 on a up-to-date Debian SID
    Thanks.

bobnabob
    Participant

not to sure for you because i use windows,but when u bind try to bind all 0.0.0.0 or your local ip.and never 8081 port.also when you stream for the first time with the different streamers you have to go to the sever and allow each one through the firewall.vlc,rtmp,sopcast indivigaly.

Pryce
    Participant

No need for a firewall or opening ports. I’m trying to stream only in my private local network.
    Thanks

zany130
    Participant

Check your apache config to be sure that

AllowOverride All

is available for the directory where you installed vlc-shares. As reference: https://code.google.com/p/vlc-shares/wiki/InstallationUbuntu054En#Apache_configuration

Pryce
    Participant

I already did that in the installation step.
    Checked again and its there.
    Thanks.

zany130
    Participant

What i’m trying to tell you is to add a “Directory” directive with AllowOverride All in it, for the directory where you installed vlc-shares. For example, using deb installer vlc-shares is installed in /opt/vlc-shares/, so the Directory directive for apache is:

Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews
    AllowOverride All
    Order allow,deny
    allow from all

If you put vlc-shares outside the standard document-root folder of apache (so directory directives for /var/www/ are not valid anymore), you have to create new rules like this one for the vlc-shares directory.

Pryce
    Participant

I know, i’ve done that too. It’s well explained in the installation guide.
    I’ll show you.I have this:

Gusev:/etc/apache2/conf.d# ls -la
    total 28
    drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 abr 23 21:14 .
    drwxr-xr-x 7 root root 4096 abr 23 21:14 ..
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 269 oct 9 2010 charset
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 3296 oct 9 2010 localized-error-pages
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 143 oct 9 2010 other-vhosts-access-log
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1424 nov 14 2010 security
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 337 abr 22 22:27 vlc-shares.conf

And inside vlc-shares.conf

cat vlc-shares.conf
    # vlc-shares default Apache configuration

Alias /vlc-shares "/opt/vlc-shares/public"

Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews
    AllowOverride All
    Order allow,deny
    allow from all

php_flag magic_quotes_gpc Off
    php_flag register_globals Off

If I remove this file, I can’t acces anymore to vlc-shares (localhost/vlc-shares) nor vlc-shares/public
    Thanks.

bobnabob
    Participant

True :,the router ports don’t have to be open,But if your Server has a firewall then they will need to allows the different streaming apps through.they usually come up and ask you to allow or block the first time you try to stream with each one.i have to click allow 3-4 times.once for apache,once for vlc,once for rtmpw,once for sopcast.

zany130
    Participant
    vlc-shares/public

shouldn’t be available in a correct configuration. Do you have a symbolic link in /var/www/ for vlc-shares? (if yes, remove it)

Pryce
    Participant

Nope, no symlink in /var/www

Gusev:/var/www# dir
    total 12
    drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 4096 abr 21 14:03 .
    drwxr-xr-x 12 root root 4096 may 22 2011 ..
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 30 dic 20 19:37 Descargas -> /home/yann/Desktop/Descargas/
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 177 oct 27 2010 index.html

If i go to localhost/vlc-shares or localhost/vlc-shares/public it takes me to localhost/vlc-shares/manage. Is it all right?
    thanks

bobnabob
    Participant

I’m just trying to help,i think i also had problems when trying to run vlc-shares outside Apache’s root folder as an “Alias”and had to revert back.
    [attachment=0:1pyyaxle]Vlc_alias.txt[/attachment:1pyyaxle]

This is how i added it.In the section i left “/public” off the file path.mine wroks fine but is in apaches doc root

zany130
    Participant

@Yann wrote:

If i go to localhost/vlc-shares or localhost/vlc-shares/public it takes me to localhost/vlc-shares/manage. Is it all right?
    thanks

So, it works…

What’s your problem then?

Pryce
    Participant

As the title says, and i tried to explain many times; if I click “Browse” (the one with the fancy folder with a mangifying glass) then vlc shares tries to open http://localhost/vlc-shares/index/collections which leads to a

Not Found

The requested URL /vlc-shares/index/collections was not found on this server.
    Apache/2.2.22 (Debian) Server at localhost Port 80

Thanks

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • The forum ‘VLC Shares’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password