Can’t Exit / Freezing

Home Forums Help and Support Can’t Exit / Freezing

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    sonkite225
    Participant

Hey guys,

I recently installed the latest WiiMC- version 1.06 I believe and also installed the official forwarder (v1.2)

However, pressing the Home button doesn’t seem to have any effect when attempting to exit WiiMC.
    If I start it and press Home before doing anything, I return to the Wii menu.

But after playing a song or video, there’s no functionality.
    I’ve set the exit function to return to the Wii system menu.

Also, hitting the Home button when playing a video to return to the list of videos results in a freeze..
    When playing a video, the both the Wiimote pointer and the 1 button don’t bring up the onscreen display as it says on http://wiibrew.org/wiki/WiiMC

Any solutions for this? :

Thanks!

lowell
    Participant

cadbusca
    Participant

Have you tried without the forwarder? Might help narrow it down.

lowell
    Participant

cadbusca
    Participant

Doesn’t make sense to me..I have multiple WIIMC versions on my HBC and they all work perfectly, but I don’t use IOS202 or forwarder..just a vanilla install. Sorry I can’t help.

Strimy
    Participant

Same problem here just after i shut down the wifi in my house. I start again the wifi and the freeze is gone.
    It seems to be a network issue ?

irrittyOptior
    Participant

I have the exact same problem (at least, I THOUGHT I did). I just downloaded/installed WiiMC today too, and couldn’t exit without freezing. But, I found that if I exit from a movie/show and wait like five minutes, it eventually returns to the menu screen. So, it doesn’t seem to freeze so much as ‘take its sweet ass time.’

I have had a few occurrences where the files from my USB drive don’t show up, and all of the folders are empty, but if I hit the home button (return to the system menu) and reload, they’re there.

So, maybe you can try just waiting a little bit when you exit. It’s annoying, but it’s better than hard resetting your Wii/HDD.

rodries
    Keymaster

That’s right. There’s no actual freezing, it’s a delay.

lowell
    Participant

sonkite225
    Participant

Hey guys, I may have the cause.
    Here’s the issue:
    http://www.wiimc.org/tracker/index.php?do=details&task_id=169&project=1

Someone mentioned this:

Comment by saVTRonic – Friday, 13 August 2010, 19:54 GMT
    Same here.
    It used to work before i shut down the wifi in my house. I’ll try to start the wifi again later to see if it is really related.
    Comment by saVTRonic – Friday, 13 August 2010, 19:59 GMT
    So, i just start again the wifi in my house and the freeze is gone 🙂

I just tried it a couple hours ago.
    Here’s my post:

Comment by blastimpulseee – Sunday, 15 August 2010, 23:31 GMT
    @ Tantric

I can confirm that with a Wi-Fi connection, these problems (with the menu button) do not occur.

I’m assuming that WiiMC searches for updates for the first couple seconds when you get to the menu since the Menu button is ineffective. After those few seconds however, the menu button works as it should.

From this I can (somewhat) conclude that without a Wi-Fi connection, WiiMC keeps trying to establish a connection (like as said above when searching for an update). Since it keeps trying, the menu button remains ineffective.

Just now, I unplugged the router and went back to going Wi-Fi-less and the problems ensued.

I could be wrong, but that’s my guess.
    Comment by blastimpulseee – Sunday, 15 August 2010, 23:36 GMT
    Also, the above comment was with the latest 1.0.7 build.

What do you all think?
    Also, I’ve tried loading from HBC directly, but no change.

EDIT: Another confirmation by timerider:

Comment by timerider – Monday, 16 August 2010, 08:06 GMT
    Have seen the problem in 1.0.7 and 1.0.6. For sure caused by attempted network check when no network is available. The problem occurs at a random time shortly after WiiMC is started, and if home button is pressed Wii freezes and if home not pressed problem lasts for exactly 5 mins on my Wii and then functionality returns on it’s own. I agree with others that there should be an option in the menu for disabling network updates.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Help and Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password