Cant read USB

Home Forums Help and Support Cant read USB

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    paningena
    Participant

Hi All

I have successfully installed the homebrew channel and WiiMC but I am not able to browse for the USB simple nothing comes up, my usb is formatted in FAT, and I have system menu 4.3 so I shouldn’t need to install IOS58 but I am not sure where to go with this now.

Thanks

bobnabob
    Participant

You can check for ios58 by pressing the home button While inside hbc,it will appear in the upper right of your screen.also make sure you are using the usb socket closest to the edge of the wii.Does anything else read the drive,or just not wiimc? Do you see any of the clickable icons for USB,or SD inside wiimc when it starts up,or not??

paningena
    Participant

so I take it IOS58 is part of system menu 4.3? I`m not sure which socket i`m using but I will double check, also I have a remote charger plugged into the USB will this effect it? when WiiMC starts up I do see the SD and DVD icons but both say they are not readable (maybe cause there are no video files on the SD or disc)

bobnabob
    Participant

It could be your charger affecting your usb detection.I don’t have 1 to test this,though.Eairler versions could only read one slot,the bottom slot.Mine reads both slots in wiimc now,but it could have to do with the type of usb i’m using.I have 1 that works and 1 that does not.I also know wiimc has to be running under ios58 for dvd access,i’m not sure about usb.You should get a popup if your not running under ios58.Also make sure your using the original meta.xml file that came with the wiimc download,it contains a line that is needed during loading of wiimc.

If you have folders on your sd,they should show up.The only files that will show,are file types that are used by the mode you are in. like .png .jpg for image mode and .mp3 .wav for the headphones or music mode.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Help and Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password