check for updated optional

Home Forums Feature Suggestions check for updated optional

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Ganigfoancz
    Participant

can we please have ‘check for updates’ optional

cadbusca
    Participant

That is only available with the WIIMC+ Enhancement Pack. Previous requests for a standard version feature have been rejected.

p.xoni
    Participant

I wish we had a switch we could add to the config files as well, to disable the automatic update feature as well. I have found some of the updates to “break” other things as well, it’s fine for the regular joe to get the update but for some folks who have that PERFECT setup, why change what works well with your hardware.

But, I guess the true answer is, if you want to stop updates, you are already a power user and should be using WiiMC+

rodries
    Keymaster

WiiMC+ isn’t for everyone. I don’t use it. 😉

cadbusca
    Participant

Tantric is right. Many users just want a simple straight forward player, and don’t even use the settings that are available in WIIMC to customize their Wiimc experience. WIIMC+ just adds a whole bunch more settings options to WIIMC to the allow control of and/or ehancement of almost everything else. As such its only going to confuse users who don’t want or need those features.

The beauty of WIIMC is the quality of the code, its openness, and its outstanding support by the development team, which makes it easy for anyone to add on simple enhancements for what they want.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Lost Password