compilation help please

Home Forums Development compilation help please

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    WeimeNerbmire
    Participant

hello all, i have compiled earlier versions of wiimc a couple of times,(love wiimc btw awesome prog) but now with the current svn, i am having problems, i have installed the latest devkitpro , libogc 1.8.6, am ready to beat my head against the wall, on one machine everything works until i run make in wiimc dir then i get “c:/devkitPro/portlibs/ppc/include/zlib.h:1565:42: error: expected declaration specifiers or ‘…’ before ‘of
    t’
    make[1]: *** [libmpdemux/demux_mkv.o] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/c/wiimc/source/mplayer’
    filebrowser.cpp
    fileop.cpp
    c:/wiimc/source/fileop.cpp:20:18: fatal error: ext2.h: No such file or directory
    compilation terminated.
    make[1]: *** [fileop.o] Error 1
    make: *** [build] Error 2″ i thought maybe my windows was screwed up so i built a vm with a virgin copy of xp pro sp3 and same thing,
    i deleted wiimc dir and downloaded SVN742 it gave a simalar error
    “c:/wiimc/source/utils/pngu.c:12:17: fatal error: png.h: No such file or directory
    compilation terminated.
    make[1]: *** [pngu.o] Error 1
    make: *** [build] Error 2″
    today i started from scratch, uninstalled everything except tortoise, installed mingw shell,downloaded wimc then devkitpro,libogc 4475, portlibs, ect, i am getting the same error as before when i try to make in C/wiimc, “:/wiimc/source/fileop.cpp:20:18: fatal error: ext2.h: No such file or directory” svn 742 gives me the same error” png.h: No such file or directory” on both machines also (i have tried to search, but search returns nothing) what am i doing wrong any help appreciated thanks much skandolis EDIT upon looking, maybe i posted this in the wrong place in the forum? if this is the case maybe someone could move it to the proper location? thank you skandolis

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi skandolis,
    The problem is due to the addition of large file support. If you are not interested in this, a quick-and-dirt patch is reverting the updates introduced in r770 to makefile and config.mak. Probably one should recompile libogc with the same compilation defines/flags for a more clean solution.

WeimeNerbmire
    Participant

thank you clava i will try this when i get home this evening.

Skanksta
    Participant

Also, for your ext2.h errors, you need to install the libext2fs wii port @ http://code.google.com/p/libext2fs-wii/.

How would I resolve the zlib errors to keep large file support when compiling?

cadbusca
    Participant

Looks like the guessing game is on again. The Compile Instructions http://www.wiimc.org/compiling-instructions/ are now out of date. Could someone correct them or post the new requirements that work here.

WeimeNerbmire
    Participant

thank you guys so much, the libext2fs fixed one problem, and the other error i was getting was my own fault, (hangs head in tears) i downloaded the wrong version of libpng, instead of the ppc version. compiles fine now thanks loads
    skandolis

Skanksta
    Participant

*Nevermind – Zlib 1.2.5 is what I needed to fix this, was still using 1.2.4. Just leaving rest up in case someone else runs into this*

So this is what I’m receiving when compiling the latest build. Not quite sure what to do to correct this…

In file included from libmpdemux/demux_mkv.c:53:0:
    c:/devkitPro/portlibs/ppc/include/zlib.h:1561:28: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’,
    ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘gzseek64’
    c:/devkitPro/portlibs/ppc/include/zlib.h:1562:28: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’,
    ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘gztell64’
    c:/devkitPro/portlibs/ppc/include/zlib.h:1563:28: error: expected ‘=’, ‘,’, ‘;’,
    ‘asm’ or ‘__attribute__’ before ‘gzoffset64’
    c:/devkitPro/portlibs/ppc/include/zlib.h:1564:44: error: expected declaration sp
    ecifiers or ‘…’ before ‘off64_t’
    c:/devkitPro/portlibs/ppc/include/zlib.h:1565:42: error: expected declaration sp
    ecifiers or ‘…’ before ‘off64_t’
    make[1]: *** [libmpdemux/demux_mkv.o] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/c/users/build/wii/wiimc/source/mplayer’
    filebrowser.cpp
    fileop.cpp
    input.cpp
    menu.cpp
    musicplaylist.cpp
    networkop.cpp
    In file included from c:/users/build/wii/wiimc/source/utils/unzip/unzip.h:53:0,
    from c:/users/build/wii/wiimc/source/networkop.cpp:23:
    c:/devkitPro/portlibs/ppc/include/zlib.h:1561:11: error: ‘off64_t’ does not name
    a type
    c:/devkitPro/portlibs/ppc/include/zlib.h:1562:11: error: ‘off64_t’ does not name
    a type
    c:/devkitPro/portlibs/ppc/include/zlib.h:1563:11: error: ‘off64_t’ does not name
    a type
    c:/devkitPro/portlibs/ppc/include/zlib.h:1564:50: error: ‘off64_t’ has not been
    declared
    c:/devkitPro/portlibs/ppc/include/zlib.h:1565:48: error: ‘off64_t’ has not been
    declared
    make[1]: *** [networkop.o] Error 1
    make: *** [build] Error 2

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thx for the hint Cmb!
    How did you update zlib to v1.2.5? I didn’t find it among the devkitPro portlibs.
    I checked-out Zlib 1.2.5 from the grrlib project:
    svn checkout http://grrlib.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/GRRLIB/lib/zlib
    make ; make install, and removed the old includes and library (zlib.h, zconf.h and libz.a) from portlibs.
    It seems to work.

Skanksta
    Participant

Yeah, don’t know why it’s not on the devkitpro site. I basically did the same you did, and I believe I got it from the same project/site. I just compiled it, and replaced the zlib files in the portlibs directory with the updated ones.

Additionally, it looks like as of revision r756 libmpg123 is no longer needed (please correct me if that’s not accurate).

swatpup32
    Participant

Hi everybody
    I always get an error message when compiling.

c:/devkitpro/devkitppc/bin/../lib/gcc/powerpc-eabi/4.5.1/../../../../powerpc-eab
    i/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lext2fs
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    make[1]: *** [/home/BadBoy/wiimc/wiimc.elf] Error 1

I hope you can help me

Anonymous
    Inactive

To sum up:

– effective from r756: libmpg123 no more needed

– effective from r762: Ext 2/3/4 support.

Requires libext2fs-wii available at:
    svn checkout http://libext2fs-wii.googlecode.com/svn/trunk
    Build and install under …/devkitPro/libogc:
    cd ; make ; make install

– effective from r770: Large file support.

Requires zlib v1.2.5 available at:
    svn checkout http://grrlib.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/GRRLIB/lib/zlib
    cd ; make ; make install
    Manually remove the old zlib v1.2.4: zlib.h, zconf.h and libz.a under …/devkitPro/portlibs/ppc/…

Requires updated version of libogc for enabling large file support used by tinysmb.
    Available at:
    svn checkout https://devkitpro.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/devkitpro/trunk/libogc
    cd ; make ; make install

spd
    Participant

Hi,
    I’m trying to compile r781 (the latest on the svn).
    Reading this thread I was able to fix some problems but now I’ve another one with fribidi.
    This is the error:

linking ... wiimc.elf
    /opt/devkitpro/devkitPPC/lib/gcc/powerpc-eabi/4.5.1/../../../../powerpc-eabi/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /opt/devkitpro/portlibs/ppc/lib/libfribidi.a when searching for -lfribidi
    /opt/devkitpro/devkitPPC/lib/gcc/powerpc-eabi/4.5.1/../../../../powerpc-eabi/bin/ld: cannot find -lfribidi
    make[1]: *** [/home/andrea/Desktop/wii/wiimc/wiimc.elf] Error 1

When I compile fribidi there’s no error in the output.
    Can you please help me ?
    thank

zany130
    Participant
    swatpup32
    Participant

Hi
    I have problems when compiling

c:/devkitPro/msys/home/BadBoy/wiimc/source/menu.cpp:2983: undefined reference to
    `exif_data_new_from_data'
    c:/devkitPro/msys/home/BadBoy/wiimc/source/menu.cpp:2984: undefined reference to
    `exif_data_get_byte_order'
    c:/devkitPro/msys/home/BadBoy/wiimc/source/menu.cpp:2985: undefined reference to
    `exif_content_get_entry'
    c:/devkitPro/msys/home/BadBoy/wiimc/source/menu.cpp:2987: undefined reference to
    `exif_get_short'
    c:/devkitPro/msys/home/BadBoy/wiimc/source/menu.cpp:3008: undefined reference to
    `exif_data_free'
    c:/devkitPro/msys/home/BadBoy/wiimc/source/menu.cpp:2983: undefined reference to
    `exif_data_new_from_data'
    c:/devkitPro/msys/home/BadBoy/wiimc/source/menu.cpp:2984: undefined reference to
    `exif_data_get_byte_order'
    c:/devkitPro/msys/home/BadBoy/wiimc/source/menu.cpp:2985: undefined reference to
    `exif_content_get_entry'
    c:/devkitPro/msys/home/BadBoy/wiimc/source/menu.cpp:2987: undefined reference to
    `exif_get_short'
    c:/devkitPro/msys/home/BadBoy/wiimc/source/menu.cpp:3008: undefined reference to
    `exif_data_free'
    `exif_data_free'
    menu.o: In function `RE':
    c:/devkitPro/portlibs/ppc/include/pcrecpp.h:493: undefined reference to `pcrecpp
    ::RE::Init(std::string const&, pcrecpp::RE_Options const*)'
    menu.o: In function `_Rb_tree_impl':
    c:devkitprodevkitppcbin../lib/gcc/powerpc-eabi/4.5.1/../../../../powerpc-eab
    i/include/c++/4.5.1/bits/stl_tree.h:434: undefined reference to `pcrecpp::Arg::p
    arse_string(char const*, int, void*)'
    i/include/c++/4.5.1/bits/stl_tree.h:434: undefined reference to `pcrecpp::RE::no
    _arg'
    menu.o: In function `_Alloc_hider':
    i/include/c++/4.5.1/bits/basic_string.h:261: undefined reference to `pcrecpp::Ar
    g::parse_string(char const*, int, void*)'
    menu.o: In function `StringPiece':
    c:/devkitPro/portlibs/ppc/include/pcre_stringpiece.h:71: undefined reference to
    `pcrecpp::RE::no_arg'
    menu.o: In function `LoadYouTubeFile(char*, char*)':
    c:/devkitPro/msys/home/BadBoy/wiimc/source/menu.cpp:2049: undefined reference to
    `pcrecpp::RE::FindAndConsume(pcrecpp::StringPiece*, pcrecpp::Arg const&, pcrecp
    p::Arg const&, pcrecpp::Arg const&, pcrecpp::Arg const&, pcrecpp::Arg const&, pc
    recpp::Arg const&, pcrecpp::Arg const&, pcrecpp::Arg const&, pcrecpp::Arg const&
    , pcrecpp::Arg const&, pcrecpp::Arg const&, pcrecpp::Arg const&, pcrecpp::Arg co
    nst&, pcrecpp::Arg const&, pcrecpp::Arg const&, pcrecpp::Arg const&) const'
    c:/devkitPro/msys/home/BadBoy/wiimc/source/menu.cpp:2044: undefined reference to
    `pcrecpp::RE::~RE()'
    c:/devkitPro/msys/home/BadBoy/wiimc/source/menu.cpp:2044: undefined reference to
    `pcrecpp::RE::~RE()'
    gettext.o: In function `LoadLanguage()':
    c:/devkitPro/msys/home/BadBoy/wiimc/source/utils/gettext.cpp:231: undefined refe
    rence to `ta_lang_size'
    c:/devkitPro/msys/home/BadBoy/wiimc/source/utils/gettext.cpp:231: undefined refe
    rence to `ta_lang'
    rence to `ta_lang_size'
    rence to `ta_lang'
    c:/devkitPro/msys/home/BadBoy/wiimc/source/mplayer/libmplayerwii.a(mp_msg.o): I
    n function `filename_recode':
    mp_msg.c:(.text.filename_recode+0xa8): undefined reference to `libiconv'
    mp_msg.c:(.text.filename_recode+0xec): undefined reference to `libiconv_open'
    c:/devkitPro/msys/home/BadBoy/wiimc/source/mplayer/libmplayerwii.a(mp_msg.o): I
    n function `mp_msg_va':
    mp_msg.c:(.text.mp_msg_va+0x1a4): undefined reference to `libiconv_close'
    mp_msg.c:(.text.mp_msg_va+0x1b8): undefined reference to `libiconv_open'
    mp_msg.c:(.text.mp_msg_va+0x264): undefined reference to `libiconv'
    c:/devkitPro/msys/home/BadBoy/wiimc/source/mplayer/libmplayerwii.a(subreader.o)
    : In function `sub_fribidi':
    subreader.c:(.text.sub_fribidi+0x9c): undefined reference to `fribidi_set_mirror
    ing'
    subreader.c:(.text.sub_fribidi+0xa4): undefined reference to `fribidi_set_reorde
    r_nsm'
    subreader.c:(.text.sub_fribidi+0xc4): undefined reference to `fribidi_parse_char
    set'
    subreader.c:(.text.sub_fribidi+0x124): undefined reference to `fribidi_charset_t
    o_unicode'
    subreader.c:(.text.sub_fribidi+0x164): undefined reference to `fribidi_log2vis'
    subreader.c:(.text.sub_fribidi+0x188): undefined reference to `fribidi_remove_bi
    di_marks'
    subreader.c:(.text.sub_fribidi+0x1c0): undefined reference to `fribidi_unicode_t
    o_charset'
    subreader.c:(.text.sub_fribidi+0x284): undefined reference to `fribidi_parse_cha
    rset'
    : In function `subcp_close':
    subreader.c:(.text.subcp_close+0x20): undefined reference to `libiconv_close'
    : In function `subcp_recode':
    subreader.c:(.text.subcp_recode+0x5c): undefined reference to `libiconv'
    subreader.c:(.text.subcp_recode+0xdc): undefined reference to `libiconv'
    : In function `sub_read_file':
    subreader.c:(.text.sub_read_file+0x33c): undefined reference to `libiconv_open'
    subreader.c:(.text.sub_read_file+0x514): undefined reference to `libiconv_close'

subreader.c:(.text.sub_read_file+0x7f8): undefined reference to `libiconv_close'

c:/devkitPro/msys/home/BadBoy/wiimc/source/mplayer/libmplayerwii.a(font_load_ft
    .o): In function `prepare_charset.clone.1':
    font_load_ft.c:(.text.prepare_charset.clone.1+0x58): undefined reference to `lib
    iconv_open'
    font_load_ft.c:(.text.prepare_charset.clone.1+0x64): undefined reference to `lib
    iconv_close'
    font_load_ft.c:(.text.prepare_charset.clone.1+0x70): undefined reference to `lib
    iconv_open'
    font_load_ft.c:(.text.prepare_charset.clone.1+0xf0): undefined reference to `lib
    iconv'
    font_load_ft.c:(.text.prepare_charset.clone.1+0x144): undefined reference to `li
    biconv_close'
    c:/devkitPro/msys/home/BadBoy/wiimc/source/mplayer/libmplayerwii.a(ass.o): In f
    unction `sub_recode':
    ass.c:(.text.sub_recode+0x58): undefined reference to `libiconv_open'
    ass.c:(.text.sub_recode+0xd0): undefined reference to `libiconv'
    ass.c:(.text.sub_recode+0x108): undefined reference to `libiconv'
    ass.c:(.text.sub_recode+0x178): undefined reference to `libiconv_close'
    c:/devkitPro/msys/home/BadBoy/wiimc/source/mplayer/libmplayerwii.a(asf_mmst_str
    eaming.o): In function `asf_mmst_streaming_start':
    asf_mmst_streaming.c:(.text.asf_mmst_streaming_start+0x114): undefined reference
    to `libiconv_open'
    asf_mmst_streaming.c:(.text.asf_mmst_streaming_start+0x194): undefined reference
    to `libiconv'
    asf_mmst_streaming.c:(.text.asf_mmst_streaming_start+0x230): undefined reference
    to `libiconv'
    asf_mmst_streaming.c:(.text.asf_mmst_streaming_start+0x2c4): undefined reference
    to `libiconv'
    asf_mmst_streaming.c:(.text.asf_mmst_streaming_start+0xa2c): undefined reference
    to `libiconv_close'
    make[1]: *** [/home/BadBoy/wiimc/wiimc.elf] Error 1

BadBoy@BadBoy-Laptop ~/wiimc
    $
    cadbusca
    Participant

Without knowing what guide you are using or what steps you have followed to get to that point its really not possible to help you. If you want to re-invent the wheel you are pretty much on your own.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Lost Password