Compiling the WIIMC Channel

Home Forums Development Compiling the WIIMC Channel

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    cadbusca
    Participant

I’ve modified the Channel main.c and compiled it using the makefile in forwarder, but the dol is only 900KB vs the 2915KB of the released version, and it does nothing when executed. The compile runs correctly with the following messages. What am I missing here?

John@W7-PC /c/wiimcv10-992/libs/forwarder
    $ make
    dol.c
    fileop.c
    c:/wiimcv10-992/libs/forwarder/source/fileop.c: In function 'MountPartitions':
    c:/wiimcv10-992/libs/forwarder/source/fileop.c:495:24: warning: variable 'disc'
    set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable]
    main.c
    pngu.c
    video.c
    background.png
    bin2s -a 32 /c/wiimcv10-992/libs/forwarder/source/images/background.png | powerp
    c-eabi-as -o background.png.o
    echo "extern const u8" `(echo background.png | sed -e 's/^([0-9])/_1/' | tr .
    _)`"_end[];" > `(echo background.png | tr . _)`.h
    echo "extern const u8" `(echo background.png | sed -e 's/^([0-9])/_1/' | tr .
    _)`"[];" >> `(echo background.png | tr . _)`.h
    echo "extern const u32" `(echo background.png | sed -e 's/^([0-9])/_1/' | tr
    . _)`_size";" >> `(echo background.png | tr . _)`.h
    background_wide.png
    bin2s -a 32 /c/wiimcv10-992/libs/forwarder/source/images/background_wide.png | p
    owerpc-eabi-as -o background_wide.png.o
    echo "extern const u8" `(echo background_wide.png | sed -e 's/^([0-9])/_1/' |
    tr . _)`"_end[];" > `(echo background_wide.png | tr . _)`.h
    echo "extern const u8" `(echo background_wide.png | sed -e 's/^([0-9])/_1/' |
    tr . _)`"[];" >> `(echo background_wide.png | tr . _)`.h
    echo "extern const u32" `(echo background_wide.png | sed -e 's/^([0-9])/_1/'
    | tr . _)`_size";" >> `(echo background_wide.png | tr . _)`.h
    linking ... boot.elf
    output ... boot.dol
    rodries
    Keymaster

First of all, are you aware that the source is only of the forwarder itself, not the “channel”? All the forwarder does is look for a DOL somewhere and load it. Assuming you get that part working, you’d then have to create a channel or inject the DOL into an existing one.

The WiiMC channel in the downloads section is a forwarder + channel + installer all bundled into one.

cadbusca
    Participant

Thanks..I’m totally clueless about all this but since all I want to do is load a different dol (one for each WIIMC) then I’d prefer to inject the recompiled forwarder into the existing channel dol. Then I would have one installer for each special channel, each loading a different WIIMC. Any tips on where/how I inject? Thanks

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Lost Password