Connecting to a Mythtv Backend

Home Forums Feature Suggestions Connecting to a Mythtv Backend

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    gggorillaz
    Participant

Would it be possible to port the xbmc code to WiiMC which allows xbmc to connect to a Mythtv backend. The way xbmc do this is to allow setting up a network connection using the following format:

myth://username:password@i.p.address

This way a user connects to a Mythtv backend and can access live TV, recordings, the Mythtv library etc.

If we could add this functionality to WiiMC, that would be fantastic. The mythbackend already streams this content. All we need to do is connect with it and stream it. We can already stream using an smb connection and an internet. This should be fairly straightforward to achieve… The code already exists in open source – we just have to adapt it!

What do people think?

vvc
    Participant

I’m not currently using mythtv, but if this was made possible i would absolutely start using it. For those not familiar with mythtv, here’s a wiki about the xbmc implementation:
    http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=MythTV

talroze
    Participant

I use a script that works pretty well. It takes my mythtv recordings and makes folders with symlinks with their proper names on my smb share. wiimc plays them back perfectly. It is a script written for pytivo but it works perfectly with wiimc. I run it as a user job after each recording that way everything is always up to date. here you go.

talroze
    Participant

forgot to mention that this script writes the metadata in a separate .txt file for pytivo to use so you might want to comment that part out of the script. hopefully when wiimc gets metadata file support this script can get rewritten to work with that.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Lost Password