Crash dumps on online media

Home Forums Help and Support Crash dumps on online media

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    hello2000
    Participant

I’m getting crash dumps every time I try to open online media (it happened with both Jamendo, through my custom scripts, and YouTube, on both the official server and with my own scripts).
    Perhaps the Jamendo problem is just specific to my scripts, or it was a random error with a specific music, so I’ll skip that part. About YouTube:

I get a crash dump every time I try to open a video (after searching). It stays loading, then after a while, when it was supposed to start playing or buffering the video, WiiMC crashes. This happens with WiiMC (and also WiiMC+) version 1.2.0.

I can try to take a photo of the crash dump screen as the error is easily repeatable (I just don’t know if the error always happens at the same place in memory, so I don’t know if the dump is always the same).

I haven’t used WiiMC for some time, the last time I used it, it was before the YouTube changes, and it worked. Can it be due to these recent changes on YT? Perhaps WiiMC can no longer decode the stream URL from the YouTube video page, and when it gives the stream to play to MPlayer, the stream isn’t really what was expected and the software crashes.

tlefdndej
    Participant

It started doing the same thing to me last night!!!
    It played a Youtube video, then I played another one and bam! dumped.
    Then I can’t play ANY video, not even the one that I was able to play first.

🙁

Shnazzyone
    Participant

Can confirm the error here too.

Search for example for “Gunsmith Cats Clean Opening”.

Start the video – it will play. Stop it. Try to play from start again > crash dump

You will not be able to play the video again – even after complete shutdown of the wii.

tlefdndej
    Participant

Now it got more serious… It list any query BUT if you try to play ANY file it dumps.

Not sure what to do 🙁

VashTS
    Participant

Try this file: http://www.wiimc.org/files/wiimc-1006-beta.zip
    Replace the dol file in apps/wiimc. Working fine here.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Help and Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password