Crash on trying to access DVD with files

Home Forums Help and Support Crash on trying to access DVD with files

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    DanD
    Participant

Hi.

First of all, thanks to the devs for the great player – I actually was surprised finding my old good WII able to serve as full featured media box, something that have saved it from planned retirement as a giveaway.

I have a trouble playing back files written to DVD media – is this a known issue?

Meaning, I burned some files to DVD, but when I try to open the DVD in player main screen, it crashes.

Paying same files over SMB share works great – so the problem seems to be in access to the files.

Thanks for any idea.

hello2000
    Participant

Are you sure your DVD drive is one of the older ones that can read DVDs that are not games?
    Newer drives (on Wiis manufactured late 2009) cannot read movie or data DVDs, only official games.

You can use http://www.wiidrives.com/list to check which type is your drive by inputing your serial number. Beware though, as that site says my drive is of the newer ones (D2C v2, I think), while in reality it isn’t. I only knew when I put a movie DVD to play 😀

DanD
    Participant

Hi.

The WiII is pretty old (way beyond 2009), and while the site doesn’t find the number, it lists it circa 2006, i.e. when Wii was just introduced.

Also, it doesn’t explain the crash – any way I can capture and post the logs?

mrwalder
    Participant

I am getting the same issue with a Data DVD. It works the first time, but when I go back to the list of files it crash with Invalid DVD message. If I don’t go back the play goes fine.

If I restart WiiMC I can play videos again. So, I think is not a wii drive problem.

aka107
    Participant

We need the codedump, the numbers in the middle

mrwalder
    Participant

I don’t get any number. Only the “Invalid DVD” message.

BUT if I don’t allow the last video in a folder reach the end (pausing or pressing [HOME]) I can go to other folder and play any other video. So, I think the problem (perhaps) is in the final of the loop to play the videos found in a folder.

mrwalder
    Participant

I look up the source code for “Invalid DVD” string. It appears in fileop.cpp in function MountDVD. I read the function and I can’t understand why you mount a DVD that is already mounted! so, when it reach to

… else if(!ISO9660_Mount(“dvd”, dvd)) …

obviously it fails and the messages “Invalid DVD” is displayed.

Perhaps the dvdLastUsed variable is not right assigned or the MountDVD function is called twice. I don’t know 😕

aka107
    Participant

@davaponte wrote:

I look up the source code for “Invalid DVD” string. It appears in fileop.cpp in function MountDVD. I read the function and I can’t understand why you mount a DVD that is already mounted! so, when it reach to

Perhaps the dvdLastUsed variable is not right assigned or the MountDVD function is called twice. I don’t know 😕

Tantric has done some changes based on your report
    Can you test this beta?
    http://www.mediafire.com/?k77ic93s7v2dz1n

You will have to pause until motor stop (60secs) then unpause, seems to be fixed in my tests.

mrwalder
    Participant

@rodries wrote:

@davaponte wrote:

Tantric has done some changes based on your report
    Can you test this beta?
    http://www.mediafire.com/?k77ic93s7v2dz1n

You will have to pause until motor stop (60secs) then unpause, seems to be fixed in my tests.

Ok. Downloading. I will make a test (exactly the way you state) tomorrow and I will post the results 🙂

mrwalder
    Participant

Ok. I made the tests. This beta works perfect. The DVD works any time. No more “Invalid DVD” message. 🙂

I travelled across several folders in a Data DVD and it never fail. GOOD WORK!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The forum ‘Help and Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password