Crashes when launching from Channel but launches OK from HBC

Home Forums Help and Support Crashes when launching from Channel but launches OK from HBC

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    joejoebob
    Participant

When I launch WiiMC from the official forwarding channel, I get a crash with the message “Could not find a valid SD or USB device – one is required for normal operation.” This happens regardless of whether a USB device is plugged in or not.

When I launch WiiMC from the Homebrew Channel, it works fine. What could be the problem?

rodries
    Keymaster

The message is not a crash, the crash happens after. The crash part has been fixed. The message part is likely because you have neither IOS 202 nor IOS 61 properly installed.

joejoebob
    Participant

So why does it work when launched as an app?

P.S. I am already running the 1.0.1 update. I have all the IOS’s installed necessary to run other common programs (and I don’t use DVD for video).

rodries
    Keymaster

When you launch from HBC it uses the IOS HBC is using. When you launch from the channel, it starts in IOS 35 and then tries to load IOS 202 or IOS 61. If neither exists, you’re stuck with IOS 35. There’s your problem.

joejoebob
    Participant

OK, let’s assume I need a new IOS just to run this channel. You’re still saying that the crash has been addressed in 1.0.1 and the only problem should be the message, is that correct? Because the message is still immediately followed by a crash.

rodries
    Keymaster

No, the crash has been addressed for 1.0.2. The message still applies, what will follow in 1.0.2 is just that the app will shut down and boot you back to HBC or System Menu if an SD/USB device is not found.

joejoebob
    Participant

By the way, HBC reports that I have IOS61 v19.26 installed.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Help and Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password