Cuevana.tv for wii

Home Forums Feature Suggestions Cuevana.tv for wii

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Eskeletor
    Participant

This is a copy/paste from a post I made on the GBATEMP forums. Is it possible to implement? Can I do it by editing something in the onlinemedia file? If so, how?
    Thanks.

OK guys. I don’t know if you are aware of a website called http://www.cuevana.tv? (I’m not sure if it’s ok to post links to other sites if it isn’t please feel free to edit my post).
    The site is great, you can stream series and movies directly from your browser (much like youtube) only installing a small plugin (depending on the browser you choose to use).
    I was wondering if there’s a chance to somehow port this to the wii? Like by editing WiiMC or by creating and entire new app or whatever? I would really appreciate if the guys behind this wonderful player could take a look at the site (and subsequently, the plug-in) to see if they can somehow make it work. And/or whoever thinks they could pull it off…. It would make a MAGNIFICENT addition to the wii homebrew scene (you can even watch a foreign film with subtitles straight from the player! I don’t know if that changes things or not… but it would be great to keep that functionality)
    Anyways… There’s my two cents, hopefully the idea falls on the right hands soon…

cospefogo
    Participant

I was thinking about the same. From the viewpoint of implementing this into the wiimc, at least to me isn’t a good idea.

For me it should be implemented in somewhere else, like an scraper to keep wiimc neat, since cuevana.tv is just one of all those media linking web sites.
    The effort must be put on VLCshares as well as other custom solutions.

There is already a scraper for cuevana.tv written in Python, my idea was to reuse the code for scrape cuevana and create a dynamic .plx file, that could be used for instance with an addition to a VLC coder for megavideo (because the HD issues of decoding for wii).

krokus
    Participant
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Lost Password