Custom Websites

Home Forums Help and Support Custom Websites

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    marcox120
    Participant

I notice that I can open and edit the ‘onlinemedia.xml’ file in the wiimc app folder. I thought this would allow me to add video streaming websites (at least very simple ones like youtube) to the list and then be able to access them on the Wii. Using the opera web browser on the wii is useless for trying to do this and i figured that wiimc might have this capability. I haven’t yet been able to get it to work. I am wrong about this or am I probably just not adding the sites correctly? I tried following the format used for the online media already accessible. I notice all those entires go through the wiimc website though.

I am super surprised how hard it is to find information on using popular video streaming sites with the wii (wiimc in particular). Is this seriously something that can’t be done? If so, why? If it could be done I would be incredibly surprised if nobody had developed this. For example, I want to use Justin.tv on the wii, or atdhe1.net. Why can’t I do this?
    I love using wiimc to stream content from my computer, but clearly we all want to use it to stream media directly from online. If wiimc can do this with youtube and navi, then why not just be able to go to any website that plays simple streams and access them?

cadbusca
    Participant

WIIMC is not a browser. A browser that plays flash is required to use those “streaming” sites, and the Opera browser is limited to flash 9 so even it will not work with many sites. Try VLC shares which has or you can develop plugins for sites where the streams can be accessed. Justin is not one of them since their streams are locked up tighter than…

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Help and Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password