disc drive stays on when wii is put into standby

Home Forums Help and Support disc drive stays on when wii is put into standby

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Slisdisorie
    Participant

Turning off the wii from the wiimote while in WiiMc doesnt seem to turn the wii off all the way, the yellow standby light comes on as normal, but the disc drive continues to spin at high speed. any fix besides taking out the disc or doing a hard shut off on the wii everytime?

Pap
    Participant

@fredknex wrote:

Turning off the wii from the wiimote while in WiiMc doesnt seem to turn the wii off all the way, the yellow standby light comes on as normal, but the disc drive continues to spin at high speed. any fix besides taking out the disc or doing a hard shut off on the wii everytime?

Have you just installed Preloader? Because that’s the only thing that causes this that I know of. Does it always do this with any disc, or only when shutting down from WiiMC? I get this with all discs because of Preloader, and I just take the disc out.

friendmanwoman
    Participant

Don’t know if there is a post on this somewhere already, but this is similar to the problem I had. It’s only done it once since installing WiiMC. My disc drive wasn’t spinning but the light stayed on and it kept flickering and going from bright to dim. I got it to stop by turning my Wii back on and shutting down from the system menu. Since then, whenever I use WiiMC, I exit to system menu and shut down from there. (with the wii-mote) It hasn’t happened again since doing so.

DeadlyRobots
    Participant

this might sound silly but is your wii saying there is an update available?

rodries
    Keymaster

That’s exactly what it’s doing, telling you 4.3 is available. 🙄

friendmanwoman
    Participant

So even though I block updates with priiloader, It was still trying to tell me that my firmware is out of date? And when I restarted, Priiloader did its job and blocked it from coming back again? Guess I’ll see if I can shutdown from WiiMC and hopefully I won’t get the light again. I had a feeling it wasn’t WiiMC that caused my prob. Thanks for the info.

rodries
    Keymaster

Umm. Just turn off WiiConnect24. The Wii won’t ask you to update, with or without Priiloader.

cor
    Participant

the disc light flashing is the way to tell if you have any “wiimail” ,as i call it, the more times it flashes before repeating is how many messages you have…….this could be anything from your online friends, pics, mesg.,or even an online update from nintendo themselves, all you have to do is either do what Tantric said, or keep wiiconnect24 on, and when you see that flashing disc light, go to your envelope button of your wii menu ,on the bottom right hand corner of your screen, and read your “wiimail”, if it is an update from nintendo, you can delete it by clicking on the trash can inside the message………..hope this helps for future refrences

DeadlyRobots
    Participant

i would say this issue is solved 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Help and Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password