Don’t show folders that don’t have valid files in them

Home Forums Feature Suggestions Don’t show folders that don’t have valid files in them

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Drew Buglione
    Participant

With the old Media PC I had, it had a feature that if I was in Video mode, it should only show me folders that had valid video files in them. If a folder was there but was empty, the folder wouldn’t show up. It was very easy to find which of my TV shows I hadn’t watched yet since if I had deleted the last episode, the folder wouldn’t be there at all and I wouldn’t have to scroll through them all.

Would make it more convenient and easy to use that way.

Thanks.

rodries
    Keymaster

So…what, you expect WiiMC to parse all folders (and all folders in those) and figure out what has what in them? Why don’t you just organize your files better?

Drew Buglione
    Participant

This has nothing to do with organization. This has to do with the fact that I like to maintain my files and delete them once they have been viewed. I’d like for WiiMC to look inside the folders that are in the SMB path I have set up and to not display the folder if there are no valid media files in it.

This forums is for feature suggestions. If you don’t like a suggestion, just say no. No reason to get all snippy. Just trying to help make WiiMC better.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@kelemvor wrote:

With the old Media PC I had, it had a feature that if I was in Video mode, it should only show me folders that had valid video files in them. If a folder was there but was empty, the folder wouldn’t show up. It was very easy to find which of my TV shows I hadn’t watched yet since if I had deleted the last episode, the folder wouldn’t be there at all and I wouldn’t have to scroll through them all.

Would make it more convenient and easy to use that way.

Thanks.

I like this idea. After all we are in WiiMC to see media and thats all I want to see. If it can be done with out slowing down the app it would be great. Include it as an optional option. It will make finding media files much faster on my 1.5TB drive kinda like picasa.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Lost Password