DVD 5.1 surround sound help!

Home Forums Help and Support DVD 5.1 surround sound help!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    scans
    Participant

I noticed a big difference in sound quality when playing my dvd on the wii and directly on dvd player. The wii is set to surround and both wii and DVD player are connected to a 5.1 speaker system. I was just wondering if the sound is reduced to stereo when using WiiMC or I have just messed up my settings somewhere. Could anyone clarify this to me. Thanks.

SnipeX
    Participant

Yes it is downmixed to 2.0 channel. The wii is connected via 2 x rca which limits it to 2 channels

scans
    Participant

@straps wrote:

Yes it is downmixed to 2.0 channel. The wii is connected via 2 x rca which limits it to 2 channels

Ok thanks for the info. Now I know why there is such difference in sound. One more question, does WiiMC support Dolby Pro Logic 2?

brjackbauer
    Participant

I was watching a movie today off an external drive and the volume was very quiet at some points and very loud at others, a difference not noticed when watching the same movie on my laptop. Is there a way the downmixing from surround could be better optimized? Or must we simply deal with the downmixing as produced by the player?

rodries
    Keymaster

Downmixing is currently done with this mplayer pan filter:
    pan=2:1:0:0:1:0.2041225:0.4330125:0.14435:0.612375:0.7071:0.7071:0:0

Suggest better values and we’ll use them.

brjackbauer
    Participant

Yeah, I don’t have enough experience with it to do so. Thanks for the speedy reply, I’ll just try to avoid surround sound mixed videos

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Help and Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password