DVD file/folder structure from smb share

Home Forums Feature Suggestions DVD file/folder structure from smb share

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Hi all,
    is it possible to add support for DVD file/folder structure from a smb share?
    My nas doesn’t support files bigger than 4 GB, so I have to save DVDs as file/folder structure.

Is there any solution existing now?

thx @all in advance

DIXES
    Participant

you can play a .vob file from a SMB

Olivier

axgarr
    Participant

Or….

You can convert your DVD in *.iso files…
    For the limit of 4 Gb, you can use DVD shrink (for this, I can’t send you a link because is a piracy software)

cadbusca
    Participant
    mastermindxberg
    Participant

For those of us with a 4 TB DVD archive that don’t want to convert the whole library to ISO, is there a plan to provide DVD folder support, at least to play consecutive VOB files???

axgarr
    Participant

@jhb50 wrote:

DVD Shrink is Freeware. See http://www.afterdawn.com/software/cd_dvd/copy_dvd/dvd_shrink.cfm

Yes, is freeware… but it can remove the protection from DVD

rodries
    Keymaster

@scans wrote:

For those of us with a 4 TB DVD archive that don’t want to convert the whole library to ISO, is there a plan to provide DVD folder support, at least to play consecutive VOB files???

No, not in the near future. It can play VOBs, but not consecutively.

Coacher
    Participant

Hi!Why Do The Single File Movie VOBs Stop playing after a small duration of time?
    Thx

axgarr
    Participant

@James wrote:

Hi!Why Do The Single File Movie VOBs Stop playing after a small duration of time?
    Thx

Probably, you’ve tried to open a blank vob files, there are often these types of files in a DVD.

Coacher
    Participant

@pista wrote:

Probably, you’ve tried to open a blank vob files, there are often these types of files in a DVD.

No what i mean is that these VOBs are ripped in dvd decrypter as a single file movie not split as you would find on a dvd, alot i have actualy watched in vlc before, by the way i am streaming them via SMB to the wii, now when i play them stop playing at spicific a time, diffrent times for diffrent movies some play longer then anothers but it will always stop i the same spot every time you play one.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘DVD file/folder structure from smb share’ is closed to new replies.

Login

Lost Password