DVD over USB?

Home Forums Help and Support DVD over USB?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

My apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, but I’m not able to find it with searches. My question is simple—can a DVD data structure be read over USB?

My WiiMC 1.2.2 recognizes that I have one of the newer black Wii’s, with the DVD playback physically disabled. But I was curious—I run DIVX and XviD files with great success via WiiMC from a USB hard drive, and wondered if WiiMC would be able to recognize and utilitize a DVD file structure when accessed from a USB device. Specifically, I’m considering getting a USB external multi-format DVD player/burner and using it as a playback unit for DVD video with WiiMC. I do question whether the lack of DVD playback via the Wii automatically bars me from such, or if WiiMC is programmed to recognize when a DVD file structure is available via a different input.

Even with the known 480i downsampled limitation of WiiMC playback, it would still be preferable than having to add yet another device to my already crowded entertainment center setup, especially since most of what I watch from CD and DVD is in SD resolutions anyway.

Much thanks for any information anyone can provide!

Nicolai

MrBreaker
    Participant

I usually just play the .iso image. Works pretty much flawlessly most of the time. No need to burn anything.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Help and Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password