Dvd sharing

Home Forums Help and Support Dvd sharing

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    borekns
    Participant

Hi. Thanks for this great app. I thought my Wii was redundant when the drive packed in. Now it has pride of place in my lounge again! My question is this. I have set up network sharing and all is working great. Is it possible to share my PC dvd drive and stream from that to Wiimc? I have shared the drive and see Audio and Video TS folders but no files appear in them. Am I doing something wrong? Thx

Matoking
    Participant

I would suggest you just use an app like handbreak to create a compressed rip of the file and then share that file to your wii. DVD-playback can be choppy sometimes and a pain at best based on my experiences.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Whytey wrote:

Is it possible to share my PC dvd drive and stream from that to Wiimc? I have shared the drive and see Audio and Video TS folders but no files appear in them. Am I doing something wrong? Thx

Hi Whytey,
    I’m having the same problem and I posted the issue in the tracker (see http://www.wiimc.org/tracker/index.php?do=details&task_id=285 ). Unfortunately the issue was rejected because it was probably due to a libogc module named tinysmb. I agree on this, but a.f.a.i.k Rodries and Tantric know very well this module ! 😉

There are several oddity about the issue:
    – other people seem not having this bug
    – this happens (in my trials) only on UDF formatted disks (CDFS dvds work fine)
    – the files/folders in the root of the disk are correctly shown
    – sharing subfolders of a UDF disk produces empty listings (even at the root level of the share)

It would be interesting to know if other people have the same problem. I’m sharing the dvd drive from a win-xp (home edition) notebook, without password protection.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Help and Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password