DVD video studder and audio synch issues

Home Forums Help and Support DVD video studder and audio synch issues

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Skanksta
    Participant

Have a DVD that when played, slows down in the exact spot around 30 seconds or so in. From there the audio gets garbled/tinny, then when the video starts to play properly, audio does not catch up. Video will play ok for a while after then slow/studder again and the audio is out of synch throughout. If I fast foward it does synch up for a few seconds then the issues happen again. Tried the DVD in mPlayer-CE and had no problems at all there. It seems to be the only DVD so far that I’ve experienced this on in WiiMC. Have tried every version of WiiMC from 1.06 back, even compiled the latest versions to test, but no luck. Wasn’t sure if there might be a way to see why it’s doing this, have exported the DVD information from MediaInfo and attached, wondering if there is something in the report that might lend a clue to fix this. Thanks.

rodries
    Keymaster

It could be a regression in MPlayer itself, I don’t know.

NoahJAustin
    Participant

My experience with this is that, for the most part, a DVD will play perfectly up until some random point, once or twice in the course of a movie, where it will freeze. The audio will then manage to go on, but the video will be stuck. Then I think the audio will then get distorted trying to resync with a video that refuses to continue. To fix this, I simply press fast-forward once and then rewind once and the movie will then continue. Aside from that, the DVD menu is a little slow at times, particularly going from one menu to the next. But all in all, much better performance then I have ever had from MplayerCE.

Several versions before, and with MplayerCE, it would slowdown when going to the next chapter and then attempt to resync. To fix this I use to turn off the DVD menu which I guess was the same as turning off that dvd-menu-lib in mplayer CE, and the movie in the DVD would play perfectly straight trough. But of course not all DVD’s you could do this, especially Disney ones that seem to require that menu-lib. I am very pleased to say that this doesn’t seem to be the case anymore! 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Help and Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password