DVDx-Support to make IOS202 not necessary anymore

Home Forums Feature Suggestions DVDx-Support to make IOS202 not necessary anymore

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    HagBitlaultus
    Participant

When I have IOS202 installed I am limited to only use one of the 2 USB slots, which is of all things exactly that one where I have my HDD plugged (for backup loading) !!
    So I always have to switch the plugs which is quite unhandy. I know the reason for this is the LAN-Adapter, but when I don’t have IOS202 installed, I can use both slots. This is why I’m thinking about uninstalling IOS202, but the only thing that keeps me from doing that is that I won’t have DVD support after.

Would it be possible to import some code from the MPlayer CE to make WiiMC use DVDx, too? Then IOS202 would become obsolete and people also wouldn’t stumble into any trobles installing IOS202…

rodries
    Keymaster

Absolutely not. You have it backwards – I’m trying to make DVDx obsolete. This is because DVDx reloads to IOS36, which means unstable networking and hacky SDHC support that’s not compatible with all SD cards.

As for your actual issue of not being able to use both ports, that should be addressed at some point.

HagBitlaultus
    Participant

Well, I do understand that there are some advantages in using IOS202 instead of DVDx, but I’m

a) too lazy to install IOS202 on all of my friends Wiis, who previously ran on MPlayer CE
    b) not convinced that I do actually need those better featueres that IOS202 offers. I’m neither using the network functions of WiiMC nor an SDHC card on any Wii (because there are imho still too many apps that make problems with SDHC cards anyways)

Therefore I think it’s good that you suggest to use IOS202, but it’s a little bit strange to actually force us to use it… You should let the useres decide that on their own, as MPlayer CE does it!

A small patch to enable DVDx on WiiMC and I’d be happy 🙂 I swear I’m not gonna complain about unstable networking 😉

rodries
    Keymaster

Not happening. Ever. You’re forced to use IOS 202 if you want DVD. Otherwise, you don’t need to install it.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Tantric wrote:

Not happening. Ever. You’re forced to use IOS 202 if you want DVD. Otherwise, you don’t need to install it.

But Tantric, is more easier to install DVDx than IOS 202, you need other app to do that, please make an simple installer and make all of us happy 😉 ,Best

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Lost Password