Easy Question (I hope)

Home Forums Third Party Enhancements VLC Shares Easy Question (I hope)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    dreamcox53
    Participant

Please forgive me and I “think” I know the answer to the question but before I start the install of VLC Shares I wanted to ensure I was clear .

I have WiiMC installed and I first wanted to say how lucky we all are that there are people willing to spend their time making these things possible for us little people 🙂 .

I have WiiMC set up to use my NAS and the main reason was lack of support from PlayOn TV to get NAS/SMB shares working properly . My question on VLC shares is this :

WiiMC uses it’s own set of codecs at this point to play the Videos I have now and if I install VLC shares properly , VLC will take control of the Video stream and play them to the Wii ?

Again , thanks goes out to all involved with WiiMC . I can now play my SMB music/vids/pics through my Wii . If I can get VLC shares working , I’m clicking on the Donate button . I will gladly pay you guys what I was going to pay playon yearly !

zany130
    Participant

Yes. The idea was that vlc get the video stream and reencode it on the fly in a wiimc compatible way and stream it through http stream. Obviously the transcoding process is an heavy task to be done, so a good pc is required for 720p/1080p transcoding.

Anyway, i haven’t a donate button…

dreamcox53
    Participant

I have installed and I think I have it set up correctly but how do I know it is actually working properly ? Is the icon supposed to go green on the EasyPHP icon in the tray ? I think I also set-up the NAS share properly (path etc.)

zany130
    Participant
    dreamcox53
    Participant

I’ve done the installation step by step as well as editing the .xml file on the SD card for Wiimc (inputting the IP address of the VLC share install) . I run the test to verify paths for VLC Shares and the test shows they are working (except the 2 optional) but in the debug log I see a “No VLC Instance” :

20/02/2011 20:43:45] [III] (X_Debug::init:35)

[20/02/2011 20:43:45] [III] (X_Debug::init:36) Debug log enabled, level: 1
    [20/02/2011 20:43:45] [FFF] (X_VlcShares_Plugins_RedirectControls::gen_beforePageBuild:43) No vlc instance

Should I also see some change within WiiMC to ensure it utilizes VLC for streaming ?

dreamcox53
    Participant

Got it working…thanks for your ttime . I had to go into WiiMC and set “online media” path to VLC Shares folder then navigate to the folder of the file I wanted to play .

zany130
    Participant

Ok. Remember to update to the last version.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘VLC Shares’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password