ERROR: INVALID DVD

Home Forums Help and Support ERROR: INVALID DVD

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Pantaloon
    Participant

None of my dvds load… I installed IOS 202 and even dvdx (which I didn’t think was required, but I gave it a shot anyway), and still nothing. I know I don’t have one of the newer drives. I bought my wii a few months after it’s release.

I did have a bit of trouble installing WiiMC at first. It gave me the ‘no vulnerable ios’ thing and I had to use dop-mii to make a fake ios36 or whatever… had no idea what I was doing, so that took long enough. Now it installs just fine but it wont read my dvds… Any ideas?

BigAl
    Participant

Did you buy your wii recently? I’ve heard (so correct me if i’m wrong) that the newer wii’s disc drive simply can’t read dvd video discs at all (even with dvdx installed from bootmii) / that it’s a hardware issue (again, i could be wrong) – but with WiiMC the alternative is to rip your dvd to video files, put them on a USB drive connected to the wii, and have WiiMC play from that (I was able to do that in mplayer_ce, so I assume it can be done here)

rikynar
    Participant

He said he bought his wii shortly after its release and that he has an older drive. However, I share the same problem with many of my DVDs. I know it’s not a hardware issue because both WiiMC and MPlayer CE can play SOME of my DVDs, but not others. It really makes me unhappy, as all of my original DVDs are my favourite movies and I can’t watch them on Wii. Any solution, anyone?

BigAl
    Participant

Oh, yeah, I should have actually read the post. Don’t know how I missed that, astroboy. Anyway, I’m not sure of a solution other than putting the DVDs onto a hard drive and playing from that. Perhaps as WiiMC is continually developed, it will have this issue taken care of.

sunnytimes
    Participant

Although at first I was not having the same issue, I am now. . . what’s going on?!

There doesn’t seem to be a lot of people who seem to know what’s wrong with this issue, so I guess we’re just mysteriously fucked.

rikynar
    Participant

I think I know what the problem is. I started being suspicious when my original Super Smash Bros Brawl disc suddenly didn’t get recognized by Wii while others played OK. It is a double layer DVD and Wii has trouble reading those in case the DVD drive lens is dusty or somehow not clean. So I decided (as advised by many other people having this problem with SSBB) to go and buy DVD-ROM laser lens cleaning disc for about 8 € and voilá! SSBB works again and those original DVD films WiiMC had trouble reading and gave INVALID DVD message to now play OK, too! So, as it seems, you guys just need to clean your DVD drive lens and hopefully everything will work for you again. Good luck!

sunnytimes
    Participant

I totally didn’t think of that, yeah. Brawl doesn’t run on my Wii!! Thanks a lot. 🙂

VaveawlMeapat
    Participant

Hi everybody,
    same problem for me. WiiMC and MPlayer CE can’t read any DVDs, commercial or copies.
    Nevertheless I got no pbs with IOS 202 and WiiMC installations.

I can’t believe thet new wii dvd drive can’t read a video dvd ???

May anyone confirm me this point please ?

My wii is 6 months old …

Thank you

Funkydream

rodries
    Keymaster

That’s correct, your Wii cannot play DVDs.

odin81
    Participant

Hi,
    I bought my wii in late ’07, and I wasnt sure if my wii can read DVDs, and I wanted to know if it could.
    If it is able, I still get the “INVALID DVD” error from WiiMc after installing ISO 202. Is there anything else I should do? thanks.

rikynar
    Participant

@theawesomenessguy wrote:

Hi,
    I bought my wii in late ’07, and I wasnt sure if my wii can read DVDs, and I wanted to know if it could.
    If it is able, I still get the “INVALID DVD” error from WiiMc after installing ISO 202. Is there anything else I should do? thanks.

Read my earlier post about cleaning your DVD drive lens.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Help and Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password