Error Unsupported DVD

Home Forums Help and Support Error Unsupported DVD

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    maxer_25
    Participant

Okay here goes.
    I recently updated to system menu 4.3 about 2 weeks ago previously i was using system menu 4.2 and prior to that i am not sure. Anyway since updating to system menu 4.3 and Wiimc 1.2.2 i am unable to watch any retail DVD’s. I know my wii is capable of playing DVD’s as it had done previously. I brought my wii on release day way back when so i know it isn’t because of the ‘newer drives’

Any support, suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Mark

nala310
    Participant

your mistake was that you updated which means that the softmod on your wii is broken and must be redone

surrealse7en
    Participant

I have the same problems too. So far, My Wii (WiiMC) is able to read and play DVD-R….with CDFS format, but not UDF format. All my old scratch DVD-R movies data…with format CDFS still works fine on any WiiMC version, tested. But I have a hard time getting the new copy I clones. I brought brand new and same DVD-R disc(Memorex, etc.)…but I can’t get them to burn the same as I did last time. I end up with UDF format now…
    I burn the same way as I always did…with ImgBurn, but I guess the Wii doesn’t support UDF format.

marwan330
    Participant

I run a number of Wii’s on only System Menu 4.1 and have found zero disadvatage to using 4.1 (or conversely no advantage to System Menu 4.2 or 4.3). Actually as part of Wiihacks.com they recommend everyone to downgrade there System Menu to 4.1

Remember if you ever actually do a System Menu upgrade to like 4.2 it MUST be done manually using a wad manager (like MMM) and not done only with Nintendo. Otherwise Nintendo’s update will nuke your softmod.

I would just resoftmod your Wii from cradle to grave using Maui’s lastest “Hack and Wii” manual on Wiihacks.com and be done with it. And I would stick with (downgrade) to System Menu 4.1 . It’s just a small pile of wads to install to downgrade, takes 3 minutes, that’s all 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Help and Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password