Excellent!

Home Forums General Discussion Excellent!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Brennan123
    Participant

I’ve been watching the MplayerCE google page for roughly a year now and I was disappointed to see that someone had deleted the “NewGUI” and “ToDo” pages just yestereday. After looking at Boxee and seeing that it was based off the code for XBMC I thought I’d just try and google WiiMC and see if anything popped up. I just happened to have excellent timing as the news about this new site is less then a day old. Can’t wait to see the new product! Let me know if there is any way I can help. I’m a System Admin, not a programmer – but I’m sure I could be of assistance in some way.

rodries
    Keymaster

Yes, that’s exactly why those pages were deleted – because WiiMC had been announced. Just a clarification – WiiMC is in no way related to or based off of XBMC.

Step
    Participant

@Tantric wrote:

Yes, that’s exactly why those pages were deleted – because WiiMC had been announced. Just a clarification – WiiMC is in no way related to or based off of XBMC.

So wiimc and mplayer-ce are two different projects?

rodries
    Keymaster

@beans wrote:

So wiimc and mplayer-ce are two different projects?

Yes, that’s right. WiiMC was planned as the new name for MPlayer CE. instead of calling the “New GUI” MPlayer CE 1.0 or something, it’s being called WiiMC. The intent was to kill off the MPlayer CE name entirely and redirect everyone to WiiMC; however, someone (Extrems) has stepped forward with an interest in continuing that project in its current form.

faith genesis raven
    Participant

Great news!

Looking forward to the first release 😀

Thumbs up for all your hard work.

Spider2745
    Participant

@st33lb0ne wrote:

Great news!

Looking forward to the first release 😀

Thumbs up for all your hard work.

+1000 😛

valantin
    Participant

When is the relase of WiiMC i hope in 1-3 days please… can you make a ,,Beta version“ to test WiiMC ??

Thanks 🙂

maddslacker
    Participant

i’ll still keep mplayer ce around for nostalgic’s and sentimental purpose’s

hobosammy
    Participant

nicly done! plays almost everything i throw at it without freezing like mplayerce. great gui too. 😀

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Lost Password