Exception on WiiMC+v7 1.1.4 R903

Home Forums Third Party Enhancements WiiMC+ Enhancement Pack Exception on WiiMC+v7 1.1.4 R903

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    brx017
    Participant

Hi there, I recently compiled and put WiiMC+ on my Wii. (Seems to be further than most people get on their own!) I can get into the program with an “Unable to Load restore_points File” message, and beyond that it seems to work okay when I load a movie DVD or browse my USB or SD devices. However, when I attempt to go into the online media menu, I get an exception and crash after “Reloading YouTube Playlist”. My stack dump is:

8012d138 > 8012d130 > 80156978 > 80162b70 >
    80004348 > 8063471c > 806346cc

Is it possible to tell what my issue is from this? Thank you.

cadbusca
    Participant

@reed wrote:

(Seems to be further than most people get on their own!)

Not sure where that came from. Apart from 2 people who did not follow the WIIMC+ instructions, I’ve heard from none of the other few hundred WIIMC+ users. Those who have gone on their own however probably have had problems but I assume you used the quik install libraries that I provided so you should have had none.

@reed wrote:

I can get into the program with an “Unable to Load restore_points File” message.

You received this message because you failed to copy the “restore_points” file to your “wiimc-plus” directory as per the instructions. This file was created in the “wiimc” directory by WIIMC the first time you played a video file with WIIMC.

@reed wrote:

I attempt to go into the online media menu, I get an exception and crash after “Reloading YouTube Playlist”.

This is happening because that “wiimc.org” link is currently broken. See http://www.wiimc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1259
    It should not code dump however and I will fix that but in the meantime go into settings/onlinemedia/onlinemedia folder and blank out the saved url(yes there is a wiimc bug there too, which I have reported(#350) so just keep hitting “BACK”), then change the Lock Onlinemedia folder to Always. This will cause OLM to always open at the main OLM menu instead of the last OLM link that you used.

brx017
    Participant

Ah, I see. I didn’t have a restore_points file because I had never actually attempted to play a video file with WiiMC so when I made a copy of the apps/wiimc folder it didn’t have the file. I threw a video file on my SD card to generate the missing file then copied it over to the wiimc-plus directory and it worked fine, and your fix solved the Online Media issue. Everything works fine now. Thank you!

cadbusca
    Participant

Another happy WIIMC+ User!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Exception on WiiMC+v7 1.1.4 R903’ is closed to new replies.

Login

Lost Password