Extremely Slow Audio in MKV Files

Home Forums Help and Support Extremely Slow Audio in MKV Files

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    frahar35
    Participant

As the topic says, audio plays extremely slow during MKV video play. Video works flawlessly. Any suggestions/just letting the development team know.

Polemicist
    Participant

I get this too

scans
    Participant

I am having the same problem plus it doesn’t show embedded subtitles in mkv (x264 to be specific). Very nice application though. Thank you very much Wiimc team.

frahar35
    Participant

Ah, forgot to say that as well! Awesome application, I just reinstalled the HBC on my Wii today and this popped up. Was very happy. 😀

ketufe
    Participant

I believe this is the same problem from Mplayer CE with the Wii’s processor simply being too slow for h.264. But it’s nice to hear the video is working ok.

scans
    Participant

@res2216firestar wrote:

I believe this is the same problem from Mplayer CE with the Wii’s processor simply being too slow for h.264. But it’s nice to hear the video is working ok.

Yes I also encounter this on the latest beta build of Mplayer CE r572 however on the former builds such as r565 and i guess the official Mplayer CE 0.76 this does not happen. So I am not sure if this has something to do with the wii’s processor. Plus the embedded subtitles on mkv shows on former versions of Mplayer CE, if I remember correctly from v0.05 to v0.06 works fine but it stopped working on the newer ones. Just to let people know. Again thanks for the awesome application.

scans
    Participant

@janc1721 wrote:

@res2216firestar wrote:

Yes I also encounter this on the latest beta build of Mplayer CE r572 however on the former builds such as r565 and i guess the official Mplayer CE 0.76 this does not happen. So I am not sure if this has something to do with the wii’s processor. Plus the embedded subtitles on mkv shows on former versions of Mplayer CE, if I remember correctly from v0.05 to v0.06 works fine but it stopped working on the newer ones. Just to let people know. Again thanks for the awesome application.

Here is a detailed info on the file I’m talking about.

Video

> Plays very well, no lags/ hiccups
    ID : 1
    Format : AVC
    Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
    Format profile : High@L4.0
    Format settings, CABAC : Yes
    Format settings, ReFrames : 16 frames
    Muxing mode : Container profile=Unknown@4.0
    Codec ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
    Nominal bit rate : 304 Kbps
    Width : 704 pixels
    Height : 480 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 16:9
    Original display aspect ratio : 1.467
    Frame rate : 23.810 fps
    Original frame rate : 24.349 fps
    Resolution : 8 bits
    Colorimetry : 4:2:0
    Scan type : Progressive
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.038
    Writing library : x264 core 68 r1183M f21daff

Audio

> Audio is extremely slow
    ID : 2
    Format : AAC
    Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec
    Format version : Version 4
    Format profile : LC
    Format settings, SBR : Yes
    Format settings, PS : No
    Codec ID : A_AAC
    Duration : 24mn 12s
    Channel(s) : 2 channels
    Channel positions : L R
    Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz

Text

> Subtitle does not show up
    ID : 3
    Format : ASS
    Codec ID : S_TEXT/ASS
    Codec ID/Info : Advanced Sub Station Alpha

scans
    Participant

Here’s an update guys.

Good news! The new beta release of MplayerCE(r574) has fixed these problems. Audio works perfectly and the subtitles can now be displayed. Great work! I believe these issues will also be addressed on the next release of WiiMC. I can’t wait!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Help and Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password