Fast-forward and rewind in video playback

Home Forums Feature Suggestions Fast-forward and rewind in video playback

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    timpageo
    Participant

At the moment, the only way to skip around a video without the pointer is to skip around manually at fixed intervals with the left and right d-pad. This is imprecise, tedious, and inconvenient. Ideally, there would be fast-forward and rewind options at various speeds. This would not necessarily have to be double- or quadruple-speed playback, just the ability to quickly skip forward and back without having to press the same button over and over, similar to most Netflix clients and DVRs.

In general, I personally would like a less pointer-centric interface, if only because setting up the sensor bar is a pain, but I’m guessing most people don’t really care.

Reaves
    Participant

with the point you can point where the bar is and point to where you want to start watching the video at that point.

timpageo
    Participant

No, but that’s my point. I hate having to set up the sensor bar if I want to do this basic thing, and the pointer is pretty imprecise, especially with a long movie. This is a common feature in other programs, and I can only assume that there’s a technical limitation preventing easy implementation.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Lost Password