File won’t play from DVD

Home Forums Help and Support File won’t play from DVD

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    spanktastic2120
    Participant

I am playing an early ILA Cobra fansub, which is in the form of an ogm file. It is not softsubbed.

If I try to play this file off of a DVD-R, WiiMC claims to be loading but the spinning circle is slow and jerky. It seems to have trouble loading the file from the disk. After a while it gives up and claims there is an error reading the disk.

The file plays fine in mplayer CE so it’s not a bad disk. What’s more, the file also plays fine in WiiMC if I copy it to an SD card and play it off the card. WiiMC can also play other files off of other disks without problems.

I could try to upload the file somewhere but would have no idea where to do it; I suspect I’d need the whole file to demonstrate the problem.

cadbusca
    Participant

If you report this as a bug using development/tracker above, then you can atttach a 7meg clip of your file. Use Partcopy http://virtualobjectives.com.au/utilitiesprogs/partcopy.htm to create that 7meg clip and I’ll test it on my WII too.

spanktastic2120
    Participant

I tried burning the original file plus a 7M version of the file to a blank disk and neither one was readable (either by WiiMC or mplayer CE).

I also tried several more files on the original disk and found that eventually WiiMC could read the later files.

This is strange behavior and looks like it’s just a disk reading poblem, except that mplayer CEcould read the original file. Is it possible that mplayer CE just does less seeking or something, in a way which reduces the chance of errors?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Help and Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password