"Folder up" menu item doesn’t show on SMB shares

Home Forums General Discussion "Folder up" menu item doesn’t show on SMB shares

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    hello2000
    Participant

I’m using WiiMC 1.2.4.
    Today I tried to play some media through a SMB share. Turns out that although the “folder up” menu item (which shows up as two points, “..”) shows on the first level of the SMB share, when I enter a folder, it doesn’t show anymore.

The first item is the name of the first folder or file in that folder. However, when we select it, it doesn’t enter that folder or play that file, but instead returns to the top menu (where we can choose between USB, SMB, DVD etc.).
    This makes playing the content of the first menu item impossible, which is very bad when most of our media is in the first folder that appears on the list.

I have this issue with WiiMC 1.2.4 and WiiMC+ @1.2.4. Is this problem common to other people, and in that case should I fill a bug report?

cadbusca
    Participant

No problem here and I don’t see any change in the code that would account for such a problem. Does it happen on all smb’s? what about sd and usb directory listings?

hello2000
    Participant

USB and SD listings are OK. I only have one SMB share to test.

p.xoni
    Participant

I have seen this many times before as well. It almost always happens when your Windows computer that is hosting the SMB share is crazy busy (like reloading a Wii usb harddrive) or your doing something else that is consuming resources.

As well, it can happen due to your antivirus software. This used to happen personally with a 1 1/2 year older version of Avast, which is what I use almost exclusively. Using the latest version of Avast fixes this if you want to move over to free Avast. BTW, Avast integrates well with Utorrent, if that is something that you use. 🙂

hello2000
    Participant

In my case, it’s a Linux-based media center from 02media which is hosting the SMB share, so I don’t think that’s the problem…

hello2000
    Participant

The problem still persists, just checked today with version 1.3.3. I can compile WiiMC, I’ll see if there’s anything I can do to fix the problem.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Lost Password