Frame rate

Home Forums Help and Support Frame rate

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    ElricX
    Participant

Hey,

Found out that the framerate can not exceed 25 frames per seconds otherwise WiiMC could not handle the playback. There is also something with sound rate, but not yet figured out where the boundary lies!

cadbusca
    Participant

That’s not true. You probably are trying to play an HD avc video wider than 640, and the WII cannot handle the decoding.

ElricX
    Participant

Yes, it is quite true, hate ripped my avatar to 29 frame and it chopped a lot and was out of sync, as soon as I set it to 25, it played fine! The solution is still the same 720 * 400, but is indifferent to higher resolution, here it displays only the format it can and no more. Have also seen that if the sound is set to 5.1 rather than 2 channels, it can give very poor sound, but have not quite looked at it yet!

Linlhutz
    Participant

didnt wont to start a new topic so a put it in here. In new wiiMC 1.2.6 some of youtube videoclips are out of sync in new HIGH QUALITY MODE but is good in normal and low quality. The good news is that the dual screen bug in high quality is gone 😀

Thank You for a good work !!!!

cadbusca
    Participant

Yes, the code change in 1.2.6 corrected the youtube extractor so that the dual problem is now fixed. It also changed the High setting to 854×480 from the previous 640×360 which was the same as the Medium setting, so if you now choose Medium it will be the same quality as High on previous versions. The higher rate on High may now bump into the Wii’s decoding limits resulting in a slower video playback which causes the normal rate sound to go out of sync on some videos. You will have to decice on which rate is best for you.

ElricX
    Participant

After the new update I can not play the old avatar but well the new rip, still trying to find a decent ripping are both excellent in picture and sound is very different, and it takes the time: (

cadbusca
    Participant

You have made 4 posts which all raise the same issue, so I will say again that you are trying to play a video which is just beyond the ability of the wii to decode so it plays slower than real time which makes it out of sync with the audio. I appreciate that you can re-rip that video at a slower frame rate to reduce the load on the wii and get that video to play, but that is not a general solution applicable to other videos. Videos up to 640 wide will all play fine on the wii..Those over 640 will start to degrade at some point above 640 and the amount of slowdown will be proportional to the width.

I don’t know where you sourced a 720×400 video but if it was by rescaling during a rip I suggest you scale to 640 in the future to stay within the wii’s limitations. The better choice is to use VLC-Shares which will transcode any HD video on the fly to 640 and eliminate the need to rip anything.

ElricX
    Participant

No, have made one post on the topic, otherwise only answer to what you have commented, when you first called me a liar, and obviously do not really understand what I answer you! But do not want to write it again, try to read what I wrote and try to understand it or even believe what I write! You can yourself try to get the avatar and make it into the two versions I have mentioned and see how it is run on yours, through HD connectivity, not streaming!

cadbusca
    Participant

I really don’t seem to be able to help you. No one called you a liar. I’ve only explained why you have gotten the results you have and how you can avoid it in the future. I’m sure my results would be the same as yours. Give the problem is with your ripping parameters, It is misleading to other users to keep posting the misinformation that WIIMC cannot play 29 (more correctly 29.97) videos. I’ll post no more on this.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Help and Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password