General Navi-X Discussions

Home Forums Third Party Enhancements Navi-X General Navi-X Discussions

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    WhizzBang
    Participant

Hey Folks,

A few notes about things on the Navi-X front… I am busier than hell with some other work I have still not found a suitable host for our “processor interpreter” project I keep talking about, for resolving URLs from the server side for WiiMC. When I get time again to look at this I will do so.

Also, the home portal for Navi-X has changed recently. We are now using Navi-Xtreme to centralize all of our Navi-X services. @ Tantric… if you could change it in WiiMC to reflect the new home portal playlist, this would be most excellent brother… http://navix.turner3d.net/playlist/50242/navi-xtreme_nxportal_home.plx

As for YouTube and Shoutcast concerns, Navi-X has no problem hosting our own scrapers and processors for YouTube and Shoutcast as this is something we do already. If you want to see if you can use our XML output to play this content in WiiMC somehow, I would be glad to show you how to get this and who to contact if you need some assistance making this work. We even picked up Grooveshark recently… WAAAAY before the actual site folks put out their app for Boxee… tons of new content too so I am eager to pickup with BrokenCodes again and get to this. If anyone has some “high performance” servers and decent bandwidth for piping requests, please let us know as we are eager to get all Navi-X content working eventually in WiiMC from Online Media. I will keep in touch more often now… have a great day!

iRoNBiLL

WhizzBang
    Participant

For those who are interested, Team Playon is currently working on a port of Navi-X for Playon… this means Navi-X with full processor integration and service to ALL game consoles and DLNA enabled devices like TV’s.

If we can’t get python in WiiMC, at least this will be a fully functioning alternative to Navi-X for your media centers and consoles… screenshots of development included! Enjoy!

http://www.playonplugins.com/index.php?topic=5344.msg37550#msg37550

iRoNBiLL

hello2000
    Participant

Except that the Internet Browser sucks at playing video. It only supports very-low-res and very-bad-sound FLV and MPEG4 (I believe it’s what is used on Wii’s Internet Channel YouTube). Unless the developers of that plugin already found a way to bypass that?…

WhizzBang
    Participant

I have been told that a senior developer is not only heading the project from Team Playon, but he stated it appears to “work very well” from his current testing… movies from the internet and all! 😀 I’m not sure how or what he is doing, but he runs channel development for Playon.

iRoNBiLL

WhizzBang
    Participant

Here are some screenshots of the upcoming plugin. By the way Wii users… you’ll be happy to know that the developer is testing the Navi-X addon for Playon Media Server using the Wii and he is reporting awesome progress on this front. Screenshots included.

iRoNBiLL

Navi-X for Playon (not available yet)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Navi-X’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password