HD WD Digital Mybook not recognized

Home Forums Help and Support HD WD Digital Mybook not recognized

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    mattyoung1979
    Participant

Until Wiimc version 1.0.9 I never had any problems, but since Wiimc 1.1.0, my harddisk isn’t recognized anymore.
    I hoped that version 1.1.1 would solve the problem, but it doesn’t.

Any suggestions?

Thx!

james4204
    Participant

Had same problem with my 1TB WD MyBook Essential drive and WiiMC v1.1.0. I am glad to report however, that with WiiMC v1.1.1 that the drive is detected right away when WiiMC is loaded via the HBC or the new WiiMC Channel Forwarder v1.6.

-[]D

mattyoung1979
    Participant

Strange. I hope the next update will fix it.

aka107
    Participant

Please test this usb_test.dol program to debug your problem.
    You can test 3 methods unplugging & plugging device and selecting another method, on exit a log will be generate in sd:/log_usb.txt please paste log here or in pastie.org if the log is big
    http://www.wiimc.org/files/usb_test.dol

Also I’ve compiled wiimc using the last method (2) probably will work fine in your usb device but please post the logs from usb_test.dol
    http://www.mediafire.com/?ezbs5go3ozis1gi

mattyoung1979
    Participant

Thx, i will try it as soon as possible and post the reply.

Thank you!

mattyoung1979
    Participant

I tried youre selfcompiled wiimc dol, and it didn’t make any difference. When I start wiimc, the harddisk isn’t displayed. When I close wiimc, the screen goes black and I have to reset the wii.

When I go to ‘Options’ in Wiimc, when the harddisk is connected, and then I return to the mainscreen, wiimc tries to save, but it doesn’t succeed, it’s stuck again, reset again…

I did the test with the usbdol. (only the one that you have to wait 20 min, i didn’t have time for. Do you need it?

Here is the log:

USB2 device test version: 1.4
    =============================
    USB2 device test method: 0

__usbstorage_IsInserted
    USBStorage_Open
    USB_OpenDevice, ret: 0
    Found device, InterfaceSubClass: 6
    USB_SetConfiguration ok
    USB_SetAlternativeInterface ok
    __usbstorage_reset, ret: 8
    USBStorage_Open, USBStorage_Reset: 8
    USBSTORAGE_GET_MAX_LUN, ret: 9 max_lun: 1
    GetMaxLUN: 1
    __usbstorage_clearerrors Ok
    USBStorage_ReadCapacity: 0 sector size: 512
    USBStorage_MountLUN(0) Ok
    USBStorage_Read sector: 0 num: 1
    usbtimeout = 10
    USB_ResumeDevice ret: -4
    __usbstorage_clearerrors ret: 0
    USBStorage_StartStop ret: 0
    USBStorage_Read __cycle ret: 512 status: 0
    usbtimeout = 2
    Read sector 0 ok
    USB Device Compatible!!!
    USB2 device test method: 1

__usbstorage_IsInserted
    USBStorage_Open
    USB_SetConfiguration ok
    usbtimeout = 10
    usbtimeout = 2
    Read sector 0 ok
    USB Device Compatible!!!
    USB2 device test method: 2

__usbstorage_IsInserted
    USBStorage_Open
    USB_SetConfiguration ok
    __usbstorage_reset, ret: 8
    USBStorage_Open, USBStorage_Reset: 8
    usbtimeout = 10
    __usbstorage_clearerrors ret: 0
    usbtimeout = 2
    Read sector 0 ok
    USB Device Compatible!!!

Thank you!

aka107
    Participant

Please check you usb device, the log is telling me that your device must work, because is fully compatible with the 3 methods.
    Maybe your partition is corrupted.
    how is partitioned?

mattyoung1979
    Participant

This could be possible, I re-partitioned the harddisk some time ago, but it works perfect in windows.
    It is devided in 2 partitions, both NTFS, one of 300 GB and one of 700 GB.

Is there an other way to check if that’s the problem, beside moving everything to another harddisk and reformatting the drive?

Thank you for all the help, I feel like we’re getting somewhere:)

potnazi
    Participant

I’m having a similar problem, although the drive I am trying to use is a simple 8GB USB flash drive with only one (FAT32) partition.

When I first installed WiiMC (v 1.1.1) it worked fine, and recognised my USB drive perfectly. However, I then decided to install the channel. At first I had some trouble – I already had System Menu 4.3 but the channel would still not install. I then realised that I needed to reinstall the Homebrew Channel so that it was running on IOS58. Once I had done that, the channel installed fine.

However, at this point my USB drive stopped being recognised by the program. I ran the USB test and received “USB Device Compatible!!!” for all three tests. I also tried using the modified version of WiiMC but still had the same problem.

I can only conclude that it is the switch to IOS58 which has caused the problem. My USB drive is definitely working, and is still recognised by other programs such as Mplayer CE. In the brief time I had successfully using WiiMC I was very impressed, and would very much like to continue using it, so any help would be much appreciated!

EDIT: Well, I’m not sure exactly what I did, but I seem to have fixed it. After trying a different (smaller) USB drive and discovering that it worked, I decided that something must have been wrong with my drive rather than with WiiMC (although the fact remains that Mplayer CE recognised the drive and WiiMC didn’t). I reformatted the drive several times, both to FAT32 and NTFS, with no success. I eventually tried using the HDDGURU Low Level Formatting Tool (http://hddguru.com/software/2006.04.12-HDD-Low-Level-Format-Tool/), followed by formatting the drive as FAT32, and it is now recognised by WiiMC. My best guess is that there was some kind of low level partition on the drive left by the manufacturer which was confusing WiiMC (although only after I updated to IOS58!), so this is something that needs to be rectified in a future release.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Help and Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password