Hide folders with no media

Home Forums Feature Suggestions Hide folders with no media

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    sonic86
    Participant

I see some posts on hiding system or hidden files/folders but how about an option to hide folders with no media in them? My SMB shares have TV Show folders for example that may be empty until a new episode is downloaded. It would be nice to hide those folders without renaming them with a “.” or “$” sign. MythVideo has this option and it’s a life saver.

cadbusca
    Participant

This would take too much time because every folder would have to be opened to check before it could be listed.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Isn’t it possible to save a list(tree) of all folders that do contain media, and update it in the background?

rodries
    Keymaster

Have you considered the memory requirements of doing that?

arlenejbrysonk
    Participant

Maybe a list of media folders would work better (A simple text file in one place could do this)

IE, you tell it where the media is, and if it finds that file, it only shows those folders (otherwise it just shows everything)

Very simple, and VERY low overhead memory-wise.

Since most people only have a few specific folders for this kind of stuff, it wouldn’t be a hassle to do this.

Note: I kind of assume it would automatically assume any subfolder under a media folder is included.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Lost Password