hope wiimc can display mkv embeded subtitile.

Home Forums Feature Suggestions hope wiimc can display mkv embeded subtitile.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    dramatico
    Participant

wiimc can not display mkv embeded subtitile.

Floricienta
    Participant

It could up to version 1.0.8, and you could switch them on and off by pressing UP on the D-pad, but there was something in the two latest updates thet removed the subtitles. I suppose it was unintentional and I hope we can get them back later, because playback preformance for MKVs is a lot better in 1.0.9 and 1.1.0, but my japanese fansubs are useless without the subtitles, so I had to revert back to 1.0.8.

aka107
    Participant

I’ll try to fix it

Please send me a link to download a mkv with integrated subs to my email (rodries _at_ wiimc.org)

Floricienta
    Participant

Ok, I just sent you a link to a little video I tried on the 3 versions… same deal, works fine on 1.0.8, but no subs on 1.0.9 or 1.1.0

Let’s hope the fix isn’t too complicated.

aka107
    Participant
    Floricienta
    Participant

Thanks a lot!! I just watched a couple of vdeos with this version, and so far everything seems to be working fine.

The subs appeared a little low, but it was because the video frame was being rendered bigger than the screen… adjusted the video scale option to 96% vertical and now I see the whole image and the subs on the usual place.

Floricienta
    Participant

Reporting back a week and a half later, and whatever you did in the beta2 is working pretty well…. I’ve had no crashes, errors, resets or anything of the sort, and the subs in all my MKVs work as intended.

There’s just a little detail if you can look into it. The font scaling has a weird behavior from one video to another and I have to tweak the font scaling option a lot because the results vary so much.

I load a video, and the subtitles look fine at 1.0 scale, but on the next video (or the same video upon reload) the font appears tiny and I have to up the subtitle scale to 3.0 to get the same font size as with the first video… and then, when it loads the next file (or the same one a third time) the font appears HUGE and I have to revert the scale back to 1.0 …. and so on.

Other than that, works like a charm.

EDIT: Just noticed there is that new beta6 around… gonna try it and see if there is any difference.

ANOTHER EDIT: Nope, same thing, the beta6 keeps working fine (and I noticed less load times when fast forwarding/rewinding) but still has that inconsistent subtitle scaling, at least in MKVs… on each video I have to re-tweak the options because they get either too big or too small.

aka107
    Participant

@m_earendil wrote:

Reporting back a week and a half later, and whatever you did in the beta2 is working pretty well…. I’ve had no crashes, errors, resets or anything of the sort, and the subs in all my MKVs work as intended.

There’s just a little detail if you can look into it. The font scaling has a weird behavior from one video to another and I have to tweak the font scaling option a lot because the results vary so much.

I load a video, and the subtitles look fine at 1.0 scale, but on the next video (or the same video upon reload) the font appears tiny and I have to up the subtitle scale to 3.0 to get the same font size as with the first video… and then, when it loads the next file (or the same one a third time) the font appears HUGE and I have to revert the scale back to 1.0 …. and so on.

Other than that, works like a charm.

EDIT: Just noticed there is that new beta6 around… gonna try it and see if there is any difference.

ANOTHER EDIT: Nope, same thing, the beta6 keeps working fine (and I noticed less load times when fast forwarding/rewinding) but still has that inconsistent subtitle scaling, at least in MKVs… on each video I have to re-tweak the options because they get either too big or too small.

Try this beta: http://www.mediafire.com/?lt372owadkg3nuw
    Remember that the mkv sometimes has the desired size, so subs size probllem can be a mkv problem.

Floricienta
    Participant

I’m pretty sure the MKVs I’m watching don’t have a fixed sub size, because the weird thing is that the scale varies a lot form chapter to chapter in the same series… sometimes 3.0 is too big and other times it’s just fine, sometimes 1.0 is fine but on the next chapter it’s too small… and the scaling is inconsistent even when realoading the same file I was already watching.

That, and also Beta6 sometimes freezes the Wii completely after some minutes of playback, forcing me to power-off and reload. This usually happens at the 30-40 minute mark, so I only noticed it this weekend when watching a couple of movies, as before I had only tried 24-minute episodes and had no problems…. reverted to Beta2 because it didn’t have those freezes, and I even left it running for a couple of hours to test specifically that (I experienced the same freezing issues with the original 1.1.0)

So far the freezes have only happened when I launched WiiMC from the System Menu (using the latest version of the channel), and has never happened when WiiMC was launched from the HBC (Dunno if it makes any difference, or it’s just a coincidence+bad luck).

Gonna try the one you linked above and report back, and if anything goes wrong I can stick to Beta 2 in the meantime, which ran perfectly.

I hate to sound that nitpicky, because other than this little inconvenience with the sub size, everything else is working fine with 1.1.0 Beta2. I’m not having the HDD issues some people are reporting (I’m using a WD 300GB on a generic USB-only powered enclosure) DVD playback works pretty well, and I’m having a blast watching anime series on my couch instead of having to sit at my crappy PC to get audio switching and the subs (I fInally managed to get both of those working in MplayerCE, but I hate that interface and how the subs look in there). Thanks a lot for this great app.

cadbusca
    Participant

I too use subs and the size varies from file to file using xvid.avi’s. I simply stop the video, adjust the subs and start again. I’ll try and analyse the cause of this variance and report back.

Floricienta
    Participant

Ok, I tried the version Rodries linked there over mediafire (what version is it?) and the subtitles now keep their proper size after loading another video. I loaded and fast forwarded 5 episodes in a row, and so far so good.

I’ve still not tried any long movies, so no word yet about the freezing problems after 30-40 minutes of playback I was having with Beta6 (gonna test that one later, The Walking Dead is about to start :P), but it seems to be working now.

Muchas Gracias.

EDIT: Ran a couple of movies back to back, and no freezes. 😀

aka107
    Participant

@m_earendil wrote:

I’ve still not tried any long movies, so no word yet about the freezing problems after 30-40 minutes of playback I was having with Beta6 (gonna test that one later, The Walking Dead is about to start :P), but it seems to be working now.

Muchas Gracias.

The freeze problem maybe a hbc network issue. You have to wait that hbc sync the network before launch an application. This will be fixed in next hbc.
    If you haven’t the net configured the only solution is to remove no_ios_reload line in meta.xml in wiimc folder but you will loose the dvd access, not important if you have a new wii because you can’t use dvd in new wiis.
    Another solution is use the official channel to load wiimc.

De nada. 😉

Anonymous
    Inactive

this works great for me now aswell but there still is a audio desync problem,can this be fixed or no chance at all?i included the link with the file with the desync problem.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9F56ABQ3

edit:i got another mkv file wich works fine on 1.1 but on on the last beta the wii freezes at the exact spot where the subtitle is supose to start.

Floricienta
    Participant

Regardless if it’s an MKV or any other file type, videos with resolutions above 480 pixels in height may start playing but the audio gets out of sync in a matter of seconds. And if the resolution is above 720 pixels in height, WiiMC just crashes (it’s a known limitation, the hardware isn’t powerful enough to even decode video at that resolution).

EDIT: That doesn’t seem to be the case with the DBZ video you linked above. It’s 640×480 pixels, so it should play fine despite being bigger than the average TV or DVD-rip…. maybe it’s an audio codec problem or this particular video/series was poorly encoded… ¿Have you tried videos from another fansub to see if they have the same issue?

Anonymous
    Inactive

no but i have another mkv with the same problem subtitles work fine(on the linked beta) but the sound is desync and on another mkv movie the sound is fine but the wii completely freezes when the subtitle is supose to start but that same file works perfect on 1.1 even with subtitle.and all files work perfect on the computer,the problem is while playing on the wii.

edit:3rd file is an avi with sub/idx,not a mkv,my mistake, but all sub/idx files freezes the wii in the beta and works fine on 1.1.the wii freezes in the exact spot where the sub is supose to start,on all the files with sub/idx.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Lost Password