How to fix this issue…

Home Forums Help and Support How to fix this issue…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Reaves
    Participant

I think it has something to do with the hard drive because whenever I unplug the hard drive from any usb port and replug it back into the wii, wiiflow,usbloadergx,wiimc etc… takes me back to wii channel then it works after clicking on the channels I want to play…

which really is annoying is that whenever I watch video on wiimc using hard drive, it stop at 18mins then freezes so I have to press the power button in front of the wii to make it power off.

The sleep mode for the hard drive is disable.

The lights on the hard drive still on even when wii is power off.

nala310
    Participant

First the wii supplies power to the usb port when off on standby mode or (orange light) the wii is only fully off on hard off or (red light) by holding the power button until it turns all the way off.

Many external hard drives have trouble working with the wii and i have tried many makes and models including imicro, rocketfish, seagate and so on.

as shown on http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/USB_Devices_Compatibility_List most usb drives on the market dont work or barely work on the wii due to compatibility issues with the usb control chip on the external drive.

so its possible your external drive barely works for that reason.

the drive i use is 3.5″ SATA & IDE External Drive Enclosure with USB2.0 http://www.imicro.com/item.php?item=IMBS35G-SI which works flawlessly and so far is still somewhat available (for now) if you search for model IMBS35G-SI.

Reaves
    Participant

fixed the usb loader gx issues but wiimc still stops at 18mins 🙁

bobnabob
    Participant

Have you tried a usb flash stick to see if the problem is your drive or wii/wiimc related.You may have an incompatable drve.You may want to post your model and type.Someone eles might be using it and be able to help.

Reaves
    Participant

it says it works with it unless i have to make 2 partitions for hard drive.

Reaves
    Participant

this issue with wiimc because video works through out the movie passed 18mins using GeeXBOX but I rather use Wiimc since it load faster and easier to use.

cadbusca
    Participant

OK

Reaves
    Participant

@jhb50 wrote:

OK

wiimc will not passed 18mins it freezes up… i did the usb test it said it’s works with my hard drive though still issue where it still will not passed 18mins loading from hard drive. I even test wiimc out and video on flash drive still have the issue.

Reaves
    Participant

STILL NEED HELP

I fixed it well kinda but not really… I guess I had to many stuff on the sd card and hard drive causing it to free …

the dol file stop working from the hard drive and then i install it to sd card without other files causing the wiimc or hard drive to freeze and now it play the video pass 18mins til the end of the video.

I can’t use wiimc without the sd card because if i boot using the file running it from hard drive only, it will freeze up again.

I tried the same video it works then i tried another video but this 2nd video that plays through til 18mins , now it freezes up and making buzz sound at 4mins then wii auto shut down.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Help and Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password