How to Get WIIMC First on Homebrew

Home Forums Help and Support How to Get WIIMC First on Homebrew

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    cadbusca
    Participant

If you are fedup with having your most Popular Application on the last menu page of the HomeBrew Channel, just edit the “apps/wiimc/meta.xml” on your sd card with notepad and change the name field
    to: A WIIMC

Voila! WIIMC is at the top of the first menu !

cadbusca
    Participant

In developing the WIIMC Enhancement Pack I found that it is simple to not only have WIIMC installed but to have a second altermate copy of WIIMC available in parallel. This allows now and old versions to co-exist or modified/unmodified versions available for easy switching and testing. The name of the application in the apps folder is irrelevant since Homebrew uses the name in the meta.xml file to distinguish applications. I now have WIIMC 1.0.4, WIIMC 1.0.5 and WIIMC Plus 1.05 available in my Homebrew menu. I use 1.0.4 for Shoutcast access which is problematic for me in 1.0.5 and 1.0.5 for my music and video playback which is flawless now that my .HD patch prevents the playing of videos that crash the WII. See http://www.wiimc.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=595&start=0 for details on how to do this.

mooh
    Participant

to: A WIIMC

You don’t need to put a letter in front. A space works just as well.

to: WIIMC

numbers could also work.

cadbusca
    Participant

Cool!! Thanks! Never liked the A eh!

rodries
    Keymaster

This will also be possible in the next version of HBC 😀

cadbusca
    Participant

I don’t understand. This is already in the homebrew channel I am using. My test shows that ” WiiMC” preceeds the “A WIIMC” in the homebrew channel menu as the previous poster said.

rodries
    Keymaster

I meant that HBC will be able to put WiiMC first *without* prefixing the app title.

dlcrook
    Participant

Personaly I use the channel so I do not really care if it is on first or last page of the homebrew channel :mrgreen:

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Help and Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Login

Lost Password